• The KillerFrogs

FWST: This TCU star is projected to be a high first-round pick in next year’s NFL Draft

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
This TCU star is projected to be a high first-round pick in next year’s NFL Draft

By Drew Davison

The TCU football program has produced plenty of NFL players, especially in the Gary Patterson era.

Defensive end L.J. Collier became the fourth first-round selection in the last decade under Patterson, joining Josh Doctson (2016), Jason Verrett (2014) and Jerry Hughes (2010). Before Hughes’ selection, TCU’s only other first-round pick this century was Hall of Famer LaDainian Tomlinson (2001).

But TCU has never had consecutive first-round picks in the NFL Draft’s modern era (1967 and on). That could change in 2020.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article229859839.html#storylink=cpy

Billy Clyde

Not going to pretend any particular expertise, but something about this seems a little odd to me. Don't get me wrong, I love Reagor's attitude and fire, but don't love the fact that he has too many drops on what should be routine catches. That may not have stood out last year because there were so many drops by all our receivers, but he needs to clean that up to be a round 1 pick.
I'm thinking that if Big Ross comes back 100% healthy, he's likely more in demand than Reagor. That's a big IF, but I could see him being so dominant that he gets a top-10 grade. He's unique.

Wexahu

Not going to pretend any particular expertise, but something about this seems a little odd to me. Don't get me wrong, I love Reagor's attitude and fire, but don't love the fact that he has too many drops on what should be routine catches. That may not have stood out last year because there were so many drops by all our receivers, but he needs to clean that up to be a round 1 pick.
I'm thinking that if Big Ross comes back 100% healthy, he's likely more in demand than Reagor. That's a big IF, but I could see him being so dominant that he gets a top-10 grade. He's unique.

JR's got a chance to be a first rounder IMO, but I'd be really surprised if it happened. He's going to enter the draft after this year, but my guess is that he'll be in that 3rd-5th round range. That's still pretty good though.

jake102

This will be a very loaded WR draft class, don't think he slips into 1st round. It's possible he drops a sub 4.3 40 which would probably get him there, but otherwise don't think it happens

Limp Lizard

They are already mentioning size concerns. If he declares early, you will hear lots of negatives from the NFL. Unless he has an unbelievable year, also meaning that the QB and the team have a great, playoff-ish year, I don't see him in the first round. At least he was a true 4* player in HS, which shows his ability. Still the Frogs are oh-fer on early entry players this century.

Two years with steady improvement, and a good QB...yeah, I definitely see first round potential.

Froggish

Remarkable what he accomplished last year a Soph and given that he was virtually our only weapon...The biggest problem I see for Reagor is that he lines up in that same spot on every snap and only has to run 3-4 routs in this poor excuse for an offense. It’s really hard to show how good you are with such a piss poor offensive creativity. In the NFL you have to show you can run the whole rout tree and beat press coverage which he almost never sees in the TCU offense.

Wexahu

They are already mentioning size concerns. If he declares early, you will hear lots of negatives from the NFL. Unless he has an unbelievable year, also meaning that the QB and the team have a great, playoff-ish year, I don't see him in the first round. At least he was a true 4* player in HS, which shows his ability. Still the Frogs are oh-fer on early entry players this century.

Two years with steady improvement, and a good QB...yeah, I definitely see first round potential.

The only reason he would stay for a 4th year is if he suffers a bad injury this year, and honestly, even that might not keep him from leaving early. I'd basically consider him a senior this year.

It's fine though, I'm confident somebody else will step up. As average (or below-average) as our WRs have been, I'm not really worried about that position at all.

Eight

i don't care what the talking heads, the web experts, and the news paper people are already "talking about " in regards to jalen reagor's size, eye color, drops, choice in shoes etc.....

if the lj collier going in the first round this year re-confirmed anything is the only thing we can be sure about what all these draft pundits know is what they don't know.

up to jalen to prove he belongs. up to jalen to prove he is worth the pick, and i won't bet against him.

reagor is bigger than brown of ou, his explosiveness is elite, and the only people opinions that matter work for the 32 teams in the nfl and everyone else is bar talk.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Yeah but the opinion expressed here totally lacks context and awareness of what the NFL has become. There were two receivers taken this year in the first round, at 25 and 32, and there were NONE taken as high first rounders, obviously. Only 3 receivers in the top 50. Receivers in the NFL are a dime a dozen, and are not highly valued.

tcudoc

He's gonna need a quarterback...just sayin'
He may just have to resort to throwing passes to himself.
shill.0.gif

SpicyGlassAmericancrayfish-size_restricted.gif

GetToTheQB

This TCU star is projected to be a high first-round pick in next year’s NFL Draft

By Drew Davison

The TCU football program has produced plenty of NFL players, especially in the Gary Patterson era.

Defensive end L.J. Collier became the fourth first-round selection in the last decade under Patterson, joining Josh Doctson (2016), Jason Verrett (2014) and Jerry Hughes (2010). Before Hughes’ selection, TCU’s only other first-round pick this century was Hall of Famer LaDainian Tomlinson (2001).

But TCU has never had consecutive first-round picks in the NFL Draft’s modern era (1967 and on). That could change in 2020.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article229859839.html#storylink=cpy

Hopefully we can leave the 2 iron stingers away from him. Sure Sonny will do a great job getting our best player the ball. Keep the beam fades to dylan thomas coming.

Eight

Yeah but the opinion expressed here totally lacks context and awareness of what the NFL has become. There were two receivers taken this year in the first round, at 25 and 32, and there were NONE taken as high first rounders, obviously. Only 3 receivers in the top 50. Receivers in the NFL are a dime a dozen, and are not highly valued.

IiK121.gif

TRF51

I have no doubt if he has a better year this coming year then he just had he will be a first round pick. He is extremely fast, go back and watch the Alamo game when he had that long TD pass in the second half or that TD that was called back on the kick off against OSU. He has track speed and game speed and he is a plus level athlete. He is every bit as talented as OBJ or someone like that. We have a qb with a pulse he is as good as gone and don’t be surprised if he run a sub 4.35 and has over a 43 inch vertical.