• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Had Jamie Dixon approached TCU first it would have worked with him to land UCLA job

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Had Jamie Dixon approached TCU first it would have worked with him to land UCLA job

By Big Steaming Pile

Jamie Dixon and the TCU basketball team were on a chartered plane to New York City when news broke that the chosen son head coach of the Horned Frogs basketball team was in discussions with UCLA.

Sources said that did not sit well with university administrators, some of whom were across the aisle from the players and coaching staff on a plane that was headed for the NIT semifinals.

Sources said that had Dixon approached TCU officials first about his desire to potentially accept the same position at UCLA that the school would have likely worked with the coach to make that deal happen. That because Dixon, or his agent, did not approach them first, irritated the decision makers, including influential boosters.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article229866139.html#storylink=cpy

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Sigh. Same old, same old...

Mac, since you're surreptitiously trolling this board looking for story ideas on a fairly regular basis, let me take this opportunity to tell you what a miserable, stinking pile of foul merde you truly are. You consistently go out of your way to bash TCU, even to the extent of making things up out of whole cloth to suit this pitiful agenda. We notice this, and find it abhorrent and insulting.

I realize that I am but one voice, yet there are many of us who have noticed your act and who are tired of the one-note-samba your byline denotes. Understand that today, I am posting a letter to Chancellor V. Boschini requesting that TCU sever all ties to you, and further, recommending that you be forbidden from access to Campus and from interaction with employees. Enough is enough. TCU gains nothing by your lies and insults, and should suffer your act no longer.

Alpha-Mike-Foxtrot, Mac.

Billy Clyde

Sigh. Same old, same old...

Mac, since you're surreptitiously trolling this board looking for story ideas on a fairly regular basis, let me take this opportunity to tell you what a miserable, stinking pile of foul merde you truly are. You consistently go out of your way to bash TCU, even to the extent of making things up out of whole cloth to suit this pitiful agenda. We notice this, and find it abhorrent and insulting.

I realize that I am but one voice, yet there are many of us who have noticed your act and who are tired of the one-note-samba your byline denotes. Understand that today, I am posting a letter to Chancellor V. Boschini requesting that TCU sever all ties to you, and further, recommending that you be forbidden from access to Campus and from interaction with employees. Enough is enough. TCU gains nothing by your lies and insults, and should suffer your act no longer.

Alpha-Mike-Foxtrot, Mac.

FWIW, I was in the process of sending a similar letter to the Journalism school a few months ago, as they were in the midst of fundraising campaign and were soliciting me. I would love to be a regular donor, have been in the past, but won't ever again as long as that [ Finebaum ]stain is affiliated with the journalism school in any way, because it devalues my degree, as much as guys like Schieffer and Jenkins enhance it. I composed but didn't send it, because I was so high-pissed at the moment I was worried I'd said something wrong that would contaminate the message. I won't make that mistake again this year.

Brog

Ok, that is two articles today that intended to be divisive by the Startlegram.

First responsibility of Startlegram sports writers: find ways to criticize, embarrass, denigrate, condemn your local college sports team. Use imagination.

Billy Clyde

First responsibility of Startlegram sports writers: find ways to criticize, embarrass, denigrate, condemn your local college sports team. Use imagination.

I have a working theory on this... I recall a tribute column a few years ago when Randy Galloway retired, and Muck quoted him as saying, "it's never too early to go negative," or words to that effect.
He clearly took that to heart, but did so without factoring in some perspective: First, RG was a great writer.
Second, he was at a minimum, passingly curious about doing his homework. And maybe most importantly, his targets were almost always the Cowboys and Rangers, who are much more fairly the targets of the poison pen than college kids.
He was always complimentary of TCU, and would occasionally veer into the negative about the Ags or T-sips, but they generally earned it.
The only time I ever saw something that could be construed as unnecessarily harsh was one he wrote about the D-Lineman from Heights who flirted with UT but went to Bama, and the point of his column, IIRC, was that Saban was probably the only one who could keep the kid from being a total bust. And said kid wound up a first-rounder.
Point being, Muck ain't Randy. But he took one small piece of Randy's schtick and leaped on it to generate clicks, without adding any of the other redeeming features to the recipe. He's a one-trick pony, and it's not a very clever trick, at that.

Hell Sent Frog

Would be curious if GP’s handling of the press has anything to do with FWST “treatment,” for lack of a better term, of TCU.

It all stems from Big Steaming Pile's wife having dated and having had sex with a few "TCU" guys here in Fort Worth back when she was single and looking to marry someone better than him.

Last edited:

netty2424

It all stems from Big Steaming Pile's wife having dated and having had sex with a few "TCU" guys here in Fort Worth back when she was single and looking to marry someone better than him.
tenor.gif