• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball Friday Night Insanity

HFrog1999

Frogs need to do a spiritual cleanse on the field and locker room to rid itself of bad karma.

tenor.gif

GenXFrog

It’s not

Our team performance in every aspect is a joke and as I said the other day - I am at the point where I have to think it is a problem with messaging and coaching by our staff

It’s almost impossible to believe all these guys forgot how to play baseball suddenly

Football: Coaches were the scapegoat for poor offensive play at numerous positions.

Basketball: Coaches were the scapegoat for poor offensive and defensive play at what seems like every position.

Baseball: Coaches are being scapegoated for poor offensive and defensive play...

What changed? Coaching staff in each sport has arguably improved. And honestly, I might buy a coaching problem in one sport, but systemic, across the big 3? Sorry. I think that is a reach.

So, maybe the issue is with the Athletic Department in general, and not an individual sport? What's consistent across the 3 men's teams? S&C? Administration staff? Support?

I'd ask ADJD what's going on with men's athletics in general before I drilled down on one specific head coach or assistant....

Just saying..

MTfrog5

Football: Coaches were the scapegoat for poor offensive play at numerous positions.

Basketball: Coaches were the scapegoat for poor offensive and defensive play at what seems like every position.

Baseball: Coaches are being scapegoated for poor offensive and defensive play...

What changed? Coaching staff in each sport has arguably improved. And honestly, I might buy a coaching problem in one sport, but systemic, across the big 3? Sorry. I think that is a reach.

So, maybe the issue is with the Athletic Department in general, and not an individual sport? What's consistent across the 3 men's teams? S&C? Administration staff? Support?

I'd ask ADJD what's going on with men's athletics in general before I drilled down on one specific head coach or assistant....

Just saying..
The AD has zero to do with any of that unless he’s at every practice and team meeting going on scouting reports. I’m sure Donati was in the stands last night signaling the walk play to the pitcher and the error play to the defense.

LawFrog504

Really dissapointing Friday night game. We've really fallen off and we aren't a tournament team right now. Think we need to try someone else at 3b and RF and maybe bounce the lineup around some. Sometimes fresh ideas/changes can spark positive change. Let's get it today King

GenXFrog

The AD has zero to do with any of that unless he’s at every practice and team meeting going on scouting reports. I’m sure Donati was in the stands last night signaling the walk play to the pitcher and the error play to the defense.

Sometimes we don't see the forest due to the trees.

But go with the simplistic explanation. That's gotta be it. All our championship caliber coaches suddenly suck.

MTfrog5

But go with the simplistic explanation. That's gotta be it. All our championship caliber coaches suddenly suck.
Bad teams don’t have leaders. Average to good are lead by the coaches. Good to great teams are lead by the players.

Eight

the simplistic explanation is you really have no idea what you are talking about, but will you the benefit of the doubt and go with the belief you are still drunk

Boomhauer

Feels like a recruiting issue to me. Not sure who’s to blame there and baseball obviously at a disadvantage.

flyfishingfrog

Just saying..
Do we have another sport where we have finished in the bottom half of the conference and not made the list season two years in a row?