• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

netty2424

Damn, I know shrapnel gets in some crazy places, but never heard or that as a method for removing it.
201204djbmagnet.jpg

Mean Purple

For the cattle folks, I got a heifer with a swollen brisket. Thinking it’s hardware disease. Got a vet coming out to check on her, and that’s what he’s thinking as well from the pics.

Any thoughts?

Been in Austin. So just saw this. What did the vet say? (yeah, they can pick up all sorts of bad items when they graze, or even just muddling around. )

Sand Frog

Damn Sand Frog... 95 lbs in 6 months? Did you have a lap band surgery or something?

What is your current weight?

Actually 5 months. I started the week before Thanksgiving. So, I picked the worse time of the year to start with 2 holidays and hunting season. Tough to not drink with friends around a campfire. I didn't get really serious and start dropping the weight on plan until the end of January. I cheated during November, December, and early January on this; but I did loose weight. Just not as much once I followed the program to a T.

No surgery. No exercise. 100% diet change. I've never really had a problem loosing weight once I set my mind to it, but I did it thru attrition working out and eating less. Never changed what or how I ate, so when I reached my goal and stopped working out it came right back. Was tired of the yo-yo effect and knew I needed to learn how to eat. Tough changing bad habits you learned in college eating 10-15K calories a day to keep weight on to play football.

Read a book called Habits of Health by Dr. Wayne Scott Anderson. He developed a program called Optavia. I think it was formally MediFast and rebranded to get more traction and social movement as Optavia. Absolutely love the product and the system. Obviously I've lost 95 pounds on it and learned how to eat. However, I really, REALLY hate their business model. It's a pyramid scheme. I get it. People see your success and ask you what in the world you are doing, so they lean on you to get the word out and build the brand. I just HATE the freaking non-stop sales pitch to make social media posts, be a coach, blah, blah, blah. I finally told them to schewis off! Another thing is if you go a research Optavia and decide you want to try it, you can't order the product and do it yourself without going thru a coach! Total BS in my opinion. I get that you do need help understanding the process, how it works, and working thru it the first few weeks. So having help, guidance, whatever you call it is beneficial; but it still annoys me how they modeled the business to where you can only order thru a coach. Then that coach will annoy the FORK out of you daily, weekly, monthly and once you have success not SHUT UP about how you need to be a coach. Yes, I did become a coach; but only because I knew I had family and friends that would benefit from this and not want to have to put up with the BS I've had to put up with to get healthy using the product. I get them set up and going. I let them reach out to me if they have questions and not bother them otherwise. Anyway, off my soap box.

Current weight as of this AM was 276.8 pounds. I played at 325 with a 38" waist.

I can post my lab results before and after this if anyone wants to see real world data on the change weight loss made for me.

Purp

Actually 5 months. I started the week before Thanksgiving. So, I picked the worse time of the year to start with 2 holidays and hunting season. Tough to not drink with friends around a campfire. I didn't get really serious and start dropping the weight on plan until the end of January. I cheated during November, December, and early January on this; but I did loose weight. Just not as much once I followed the program to a T.

No surgery. No exercise. 100% diet change. I've never really had a problem loosing weight once I set my mind to it, but I did it thru attrition working out and eating less. Never changed what or how I ate, so when I reached my goal and stopped working out it came right back. Was tired of the yo-yo effect and knew I needed to learn how to eat. Tough changing bad habits you learned in college eating 10-15K calories a day to keep weight on to play football.

Read a book called Habits of Health by Dr. Wayne Scott Anderson. He developed a program called Optavia. I think it was formally MediFast and rebranded to get more traction and social movement as Optavia. Absolutely love the product and the system. Obviously I've lost 95 pounds on it and learned how to eat. However, I really, REALLY hate their business model. It's a pyramid scheme. I get it. People see your success and ask you what in the world you are doing, so they lean on you to get the word out and build the brand. I just HATE the freaking non-stop sales pitch to make social media posts, be a coach, blah, blah, blah. I finally told them to schewis off! Another thing is if you go a research Optavia and decide you want to try it, you can't order the product and do it yourself without going thru a coach! Total BS in my opinion. I get that you do need help understanding the process, how it works, and working thru it the first few weeks. So having help, guidance, whatever you call it is beneficial; but it still annoys me how they modeled the business to where you can only order thru a coach. Then that coach will annoy the FORK out of you daily, weekly, monthly and once you have success not SHUT UP about how you need to be a coach. Yes, I did become a coach; but only because I knew I had family and friends that would benefit from this and not want to have to put up with the BS I've had to put up with to get healthy using the product. I get them set up and going. I let them reach out to me if they have questions and not bother them otherwise. Anyway, off my soap box.

Current weight as of this AM was 276.8 pounds. I played at 325 with a 38" waist.

I can post my lab results before and after this if anyone wants to see real world data on the change weight loss made for me.
I've seen a few of those health coach posts on facebook from various friends. Definitely frustrating to see b/c I only use the platform to keep up with how they're doing and see how their kids/families are growing. Crap like that pushes me away.

Sand Frog

I've seen a few of those health coach posts on facebook from various friends. Definitely frustrating to see b/c I only use the platform to keep up with how they're doing and see how their kids/families are growing. Crap like that pushes me away.

Agree and annoys the schewis out of me as well.

SnoSki

I was on tv today!

Doing a mini tour of house concerts through the Midwest and my host tonight was able to get me an interview with the local CBS affiliate in the Quad Cities on the Iowa and Illinois border.

Played a couple songs and did a brief Q and A. Once I have a video link I’ll share it.

Ron Swanson

Do we know who you are?

netty2424

Been in Austin. So just saw this. What did the vet say? (yeah, they can pick up all sorts of bad items when they graze, or even just muddling around. )
We’re going to watch her for a couple days and see how she’s doing. Breathing and heart rate are good. She eating so he’s hoping it’s just a bruise that’s filled with fluid.