• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Eight

All of it. The recruiting services, the social media, the early commitments, the normalization of decommitting.....

i think the biggest multiplier in all of this is the social media.

recruiting services have been around for several years now as well as the idea of early commitments.

social media however is a completely different animal and the coaches i know in high school absolutely hate it.

Wexahu

i think the biggest multiplier in all of this is the social media.

recruiting services have been around for several years now as well as the idea of early commitments.

social media however is a completely different animal and the coaches i know in high school absolutely hate it.

Social media is the worst thing to happen to high school kids ever. Maybe just take out "high school kids" and it's still true.

Eight

Social media is the worst thing to happen to high school kids ever. Maybe just take out "high school kids" and it's still true.

high school kids being flaky is nothing new. friend tells a story from 20 something years ago where before a play off game they were hosting, coaching staff hears a knock on the office door. starting quarterback comes in and tells the head coach he can't play that night because his biorthyms are down. hc turns to the oc and asks "[ What the heck? ] is a biorthym"

then the flakiness was self contained so to speak. two friends work on the same high school staff and tell the story about earlier this year a kid who isn't even a starter continually is on his cell phone while the team is trying to watch the video of night before's game. hc finally has enough, yells to turn the lights on, and ask the kid what is so important he needs to continually be on his phone.

the kid without any hesitation say he is working to build his brand and needs to get his followers up on his various accounts. i have had friends who teach tell similar stories.

agree wex, it is the absolute demon

MinFrog

I wonder who fitch was talking about tonight? He said he had a good trip and he had to get this one. He said he was in the state of the palm trees. Cali or Florida?

Froggish

I won’t be worried about our lack of commitments until the end of the summer. I do think it’s important to have some form of a class going into the football season so you know who you need to close before Feb...

anyone who thinks the Frogs poor performance this past season isn’t hurting us on the recruiting trail has their head in the sand. You can’t be old school in your approach to promoting and pumping up the program and also not produce on the field, without it having negative impact on your talent base.

Froggish

Cameron Riley 6-3/210 LB Evergreen, AL Hillcrest HS offereded from all the bigs except Alabama

Riley was Gold Balled to Auburn just today..Weird we just got an offer out. I wonder if someone on the staff has a connection or if we are trying to fish with dynamite and shoot out of bunch of offers