• The KillerFrogs

Renderings of the new TCU Hotel

Deep Purple

from reading these comments, TCU isn't building the hotel, merely leasing the land...I imagine they have some input, but the hotel owner I'm sure has primary input to the aesthetics.
Nope. Because the hotel will be physically located on TCU campus property, TCU has final approval rights over all the aesthetics. It was the same deal when they built the Grandmarc a few years back. TCU wants to make sure the aesthetics are consistent with the TCU campus look.

Deep Purple

Then the hotel is practically on campus.
The hotel will be on campus from its beginning.

Capture_zpstejsw49w.jpg

Deep Purple

I think it would have to be on Berry St. but it could be farther West closer to the Stadium and main part of the campus. Maybe between the McDonalds and Admissions or between the Bookstore and GrandMarc.
You have a good eye for location. The site you mention is where the new administration building will be built.

ticketfrog123

Renderings of TCU's on campus hotel. The 5 floor structure will contain 150 rooms, 4,000 sqft of ballroom space, a rooftop bar, and an outdoor pool. A restaurant will be adjacent to the structure, serving the hotel and general public. Possibly to be run by Hyatt.

Where did you hear this will be a hyatt? Have they announced a brand yet?

netty2424

Room rates and availability should be interesting. Aggie buddy of mine went to a game last season in college station. I asked if he was staying at their new campus hotel. Said it’s almost impossible to get a room on game weekend. And he couldn’t afford it anyways as they were basically going to the highest bidder.

Billy Clyde

Is that ugly corrugated steel residence at the corner of Lubbock and Bowie still privately owned?

Lol, matter of personal taste I suppose, I love that place. If it's the one I think it is, it's the residence and office of Joe Self, a local architect, and his designer wife Tracy. TCU regularly tries to hit them up to sell, but not for the right price. Seems inevitable to happen at some point, though.

ticketfrog123

Lol, matter of personal taste I suppose, I love that place. If it's the one I think it is, it's the residence and office of Joe Self, a local architect, and his designer wife Tracy. TCU regularly tries to hit them up to sell, but not for the right price. Seems inevitable to happen at some point, though.

Weird, I’ve heard the opposite. As in TCU won’t try to purchase the home because it equates to roughly 4 parking spots.

It’s quirky and a poor use of $1mm or whatever the designer home owners want.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
On first glance I read the thread title as 'helmet' rather than 'hotel'. I had forgotten we are building a hotel, and I am very glad to hear that we aren't getting any more helmets, though I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
No, that’ll be a drink in the new rooftop bar—-BloodLine.

Enjoy.

Room rates and availability should be interesting. Aggie buddy of mine went to a game last season in college station. I asked if he was staying at their new campus hotel. Said it’s almost impossible to get a room on game weekend. And he couldn’t afford it anyways as they were basically going to the highest bidder.

[QUOTE="HFrog12, post: 2576733, member: 66784" When I go to games in Baton Rouge it can take 2+ hours.[/QUOTE]
It has taken me that long just to get off the campus.