• The KillerFrogs

Possible Incoming Basketball Transfers

Eight

I’m not sure I’d call last year a nightmare. And getting Barlow back healthy will be a big help.

barlow back healthy and being able to contribute will be a help, but that gives you 2 bigs who project to be able to play inside, and no one at the 4.

nightmare is a strong word, but there were a few games in conference where the frogs were overmatched inside and that isn't going to change with this current roster.

they need to add more big bodies and bodies that can play and contribute next year.

Purp

I’m not sure I’d call last year a nightmare. And getting Barlow back healthy will be a big help.
If Barlow can be a contributor next year I think that will be a big help. There was a noticeable difference in interior defense without Samuel most nights. When he got into foul trouble we got into trouble. Since we never got much from Alok or Barlow and nothing McWilliam I think having Barlow and Samuel healthy for the full season would be a definite step-up from where we were last year at the 5.

I am a little worried about the 4. JD was really our only true 4 so we were thin there last year even when everyone was healthy. It's impossible to replace his experience at the position, but the production he provided can be replaced. Lat Mayen has the size for the 4, but plays more like a 3 it seems. We don't have a physically imposing guy like JD who can play the 4 next year. If Lat is healthy I'd feel comfortable with one more guy at that position for next year as we'll have some 3s who can fill in that role if needed.

I'm not totally confident Lat And Barlow will be significant contributors next year, but that comes down to trusting our recruiting. If we can't trust that those guys will be impactful then why would we think any other guy we might bring in would be? With that in mind I feel pretty good about both guys taking big steps forward next year. Pretty good is less than totally confident, though.

Eight

samuel got exposed trying to guard 15' out from the basket and who knows if barlow has that capability. kevin has busted his ass, but in the end you are limited by your abilities and last year if needed you had jd to try to get that done.

lat never looked interested in mixing it up inside and from there the roster is nothing, but guards and wings.

a great deal of this comes down to simple math and 2 big's are not enough to provide this time an inside presence against their big 12 opponents on either side of the floor.

we have already seen how fast depth can evaporate for a variety of reasons and it is why i continue to say they must add big's to the roster who can help next year.

Rose Bowl

As much as I would like to have another ballhandler it might be better for the team to get a couple of bigs that are grad transfers. Guys like Pat Andree, Joey Brunk and Kerry Blackshear are the type of bigs that could provide immediate help.

tetonfrog

We are probably going to have to play 4 guards a lot next year. If you were a top big man transfer and could go any where, why would you pick TCU over Kansas, Indiana or another blue blood?

CJD has his work cut out for him.

CountryFrog

We are probably going to have to play 4 guards a lot next year. If you were a top big man transfer and could go any where, why would you pick TCU over Kansas, Indiana or another blue blood?

Why do recruits who could go anywhere pick TCU?

Eight

blacksheer could go to a bigger program and play for a title, but there are no guarantees.

i am not sure he has enough of a floor game to really fit that role of the stretch 4, but i wouldn't mind seeing a repeat of williams and vlad playing on the block and hammering the offensive boards

most likely won't happen and even going 4 guards you have to have more than 2 bigs

MTfrog5

blacksheer could go to a bigger program and play for a title, but there are no guarantees.

i am not sure he has enough of a floor game to really fit that role of the stretch 4, but i wouldn't mind seeing a repeat of williams and vlad playing on the block and hammering the offensive boards

most likely won't happen and even going 4 guards you have to have more than 2 bigs
Great part about basketball is he can come here and play for a Title too.

4th. down

I'm like most on Lat and Barlow. They did basically nothing. Barlow played 52 minutes and scored 2 points with 8 rebounds and Lat scored 36 in 134 minutes with 21 rebounds. It is what it is. We need at least 1 big grad, it's extremely critical.