• The KillerFrogs

Bane enters name in NBA Draft.

Wexahu

Well... something tells me this kid is in denial and I dont wanna sound mean

The bottom line is so many of these guys have lived on basketball and basketball alone basically their whole life, and that’s really all they care about. So if they have no interest in going to school, might as well turn pro. That’s the mindset. College just gets in the way of what they want to do. It’s sad.

Francis Xav

The bottom line is so many of these guys have lived on basketball and basketball alone basically their whole life, and that’s really all they care about. So if they have no interest in going to school, might as well turn pro. That’s the mindset. College just gets in the way of what they want to do. It’s sad.
Yeah but ...the odds. I mean, announcing this , imo is bad taste. He has no knees.

netty2424

Think he’s referring to his perpetual knee issues.

EDIT he confirmed it

nwlafrog

giphy.gif

StinnettFrog

Gotta hope it all works out great for these guys, but professional sports is not something you should put all of your hope in since there are so few spots available. The degree should be the main motivation.

wilson912

Lets hope it all works out for all three. I truly hope Des comes back for his senior year and gets his degree. Then go tear it up in the NBA or for sure Europe. He should do well!

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I don't blame the kids. I hope they succeed.

There are a lot of wonderful places to play basketball for a pretty decent amount of money. Kouat may need to, as some here have hinted. Fish may want to, simply because - given his injury history - it might be a good idea to take the lots of dollars or euros somebody wants to give him to play hoop right now. But no matter what their motivation, I don't blame someone for choosing to earn a good living.

Tom Brown

I don't blame the kids. I hope they succeed.

There are a lot of wonderful places to play basketball for a pretty decent amount of money. Kouat may need to, as some here have hinted. Fish may want to, simply because - given his injury history - it might be a good idea to take the lots of dollars or euros somebody wants to give him to play hoop right now. But no matter what their motivation, I don't blame someone for choosing to earn a good living.

Harumph! I do. I expect them to play another year for free with my team, so that I can deride them at my whimsy.

tetonfrog

I hope Dez & Noi come back & I wish them good luck. I am not surprised they declared for the NBA. Why would they stay when 5 guys left earlier this year? Something seemed off this year chemistry wise. Bringing in some talented frosh & a few grad transfers would wipe the slate clean, clear the bad air out of the locker room & restart our program.

Hopefully a rejuvenated JD will help a new roster led by KD & Samuels make it back to the ncaas again.