• The KillerFrogs

Bane enters name in NBA Draft.

Chongo94

It truly boggles my mind how some of these basketball players think they are good enough for and or ready for the pros. Considering the college player to successful pro ratio and the astronomical failure rate (insofar as making the NBA) I just will never understand their thought process.

Moose Stuff

It truly boggles my mind how some of these basketball players think they are good enough for and or ready for the pros. Considering the college player to successful pro ratio and the astronomical failure rate (insofar as making the NBA) I just will never understand their thought process.

I’m not sure this is a fair comment in Desmond’s case. I agree that leaving school right now would be a bad idea for him but my take on his announcement was him simply saying “I’m gonna see what these people think and I’ll be back at TCU next fall if they don’t think I’m ready”.

MTfrog5

I’m not sure this is a fair comment in Desmond’s case. I agree that leaving school right now would be a bad idea for him but my take on his announcement was him simply saying “I’m gonna see what these people think and I’ll be back at TCU next fall if they don’t think I’m ready”.
I agree with the comment as an overall perspective and not just Bane's case. With the NBA rules I think every junior should see what their grade is. It allows them to see what they really need to improve on from other people that aren't your coaches. Now if he goes to Europe to play, my tune will change completely.

Mavsman53

Totally Agree MT. The NCAA almost encourages a basketball player that is a Jr. to see where they are. If he is not invited to the combine, then it is very likely that he will return. I have no issue with this at all.

flyfishingfrog

I look at this as a potential positive for TCU - he will go get his grade, be told what he needs to work on and come back laser focused on pushing himself next season.

Hopefully the things he gets told to work on directly correlate to being better on the floor and thus better for TCU next season.

Eight

i truly don't understand some of the comments on this board.

do some of you realize that he will attend the nba draft camp, work-out under the supervision of nba personnel against other players looking to see if they are nba ready and at the end of it be given an evaluation of his game and how it projects to the nba game.

without a doubt the nba process for this type of thing is the best of any of the 3 major sports and allows the players to go through the process and still go back to school.

how is this a bad thing? worst thing that happens in my mind is he be given a critique and not act on it. if he does well at the the camp then he is on to the choice of profession he selected which is why he came to tcu in the first place.

look at how culver struggled during the past weekend. he was better than most players he faced all year, but when he faced equally talented players he struggled as he has no perimeter game.

Eight

Bane liked this tweet so it would not surprise me if this doesn’t have at least something to do with it if he does decide to play in the G League or Europe

if bane decides to go play in europe or the g league because he feels barker was treated unfairly he is being shortsighted in regards to his own future.

i don't know all the details as to what truly happened with barker, but if indeed he did take the money regardless of the amount, had a chance to get out in front of it, and instead lied when he signed the affidavit . the issue for barker became the coverup and not the original event.

how many of us have either seen or experienced similar situations and the hard truth is that it is easier to hold foot soldiers to a higher standard of behavior that high profile people.

not referring to dixon, but in this case wade at lsu. the fan base has already shown they are fine with cheating as long as they win in multiple sports so it is no surprise if wade ends up skating.

CardFrog

I think we would all like to see him back but in the event he leaves I would wish him luck and hope we could use this in recruiting, God knows the Dukes and Kentucky's of the world certainly do. Who of us would not have left in our junior year and forego our senior year to take a job that potentially pays 7 figures?

LawFrog504

He is not hiring an agent. I personally guarantee you all he is back in purple next winter for another run at the NIT.
If we got a Bid to both NIT and NCAA next year, TCU would accept NIT! By golly pip pip doodly do! Our brother and savior Dixon has returned for another chance to get us back to the promised land in MSG! Shove a cattle prod in my ass!

DickBumpastache

He is not hiring an agent. I personally guarantee you all he is back in purple next winter for another run at the NIT.

It wouldn’t matter if he did hire an agent. You can work with one starting this year and still go back to school.

The one issue this does create is with roster spot allocation. I think it’s safe to assume Bane will be back next year, but he doesn’t have to decide until late May. By then, most of the better grad transfers will have found a home.

I’d put the odds at something like 80% Bane comes back. But if he does decide to leave, I hope he gives the staff some advance warning so they can plan accordingly.

GetToTheQB

It wouldn’t matter if he did hire an agent. You can work with one starting this year and still go back to school.

The one issue this does create is with roster spot allocation. I think it’s safe to assume Bane will be back next year, but he doesn’t have to decide until late May. By then, most of the better grad transfers will have found a home.

I’d put the odds at something like 80% Bane comes back. But if he does decide to leave, I hope he gives the staff some advance warning so they can plan accordingly.

Great insight