• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Jamie Dixon quiet on UCLA: ‘He didn’t say nothing about coming back or leaving.’

Purp

so she got elected to waste the time of our legislative bodies presenting bills that will never pass in order to make sure her personal agenda is heard? how great for our country...

She is the perfect addition to what is quickly becoming the least productive Congress in the last 100 years because they are too busy fighting with each other to actually run the country.
If this is truly the least productive congress in the last 100 years it may be our very best in the last 100 years. Whatever it takes to retard the huge sucking sound emanating from Mordor on the Potomac River imbibing our liberties at an ever growing and alarming rate.

Truth be told, I don't want any of our branches to actually run the country. That's not their purpose. If they would just mind their own damned business and protect us law abiding citizens and our property while we run our own lives the country would run itself. It's when insipid politicians with a religious devotion to a political ideology rather than a set of immutable principles go to Washington to "run things" that everything goes sideways. It doesn't matter on which side of the aisle the politician plans to sit, if his intention is to run things on my behalf he's doing it wrong and going to screw it up for me.

In this sense, AOC is very different from most Republicans. At least she's candid about how absurd she is. Most of them make us vote for them before they reveal their true colors.

All that said, she's an absolute fool and, as someone who also majored in economics, I can say with certitude that she didn't learn anything about supply and demand if she believes any of what she says. Cum laude or not, she's an imbecile.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Spectrum:
.AOC.........................................................................................................................Trump.

narly1

Their personalities are really a lot more similar than their respective supporters want to admit, even if their politics are different. Especially when people disagree with them.

But their backgrounds - Bartender vs Real Estate mogul (then bankrupt, then mogul again) I'm not advocating either one, He was a lifelong Dem prior to running, but one truly looks to have a puppetmaster calling the shots.

Ok Politics over, resume Frog and sports talk.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
LOL. She's the youngest member of Congress, has more Twitter followers than just about anybody. Oh, yeah, she hasn't learned much. Ho ho ho.

Well, unless they were teaching Venezuelan economics, it appears she isn’t using what she learned. Either way, it’s a losing proposition.

tcufrogprince1

Here is the difference spelled out clearly. I dont think people actually hate AOC. They might not like her, but they dont hate her. They just dont think she is a good political figure with anywhere near the experience required to lead others to a good result. You can be angry about issues, but not having a background to lead others to combat and solve those issues is her weakness.

On the other hand, people literally hate Trump. The media hates Trump, Colleges hate Trump, Hollywood hates Trump and most liberals and Democrats hate Trump. Most dont even know the policies he has championed. I will never say Trump is a good person. Hes an egocentric businessman. Most are. On the other hand, most of his policies are sound and he is focusing attention where it needs to be. I didnt vote for him, but I am a conservative and I agree 100% with most of his policies. Im also a realist. The guy is not presidential. He was not voted for to be presidential.

AOC was voted for to get things done for people who dont necessarily deserve things to get done. To do that in a political setting you either need a ton of power or influence. AOC only has popularity and most of that popularity is with the younger crowd. While they might have votes, they dont run businesses or contribute to the overall well being of the economy. She is a media darling and those things fade. AOC will lose her next election and as she keeps having missteps in the political world people will see she has a great heart for her policies, but no power to back them.

YA

Here is the difference spelled out clearly. I dont think people actually hate AOC. They might not like her, but they dont hate her. They just dont think she is a good political figure with anywhere near the experience required to lead others to a good result. You can be angry about issues, but not having a background to lead others to combat and solve those issues is her weakness.

On the other hand, people literally hate Trump. The media hates Trump, Colleges hate Trump, Hollywood hates Trump and most liberals and Democrats hate Trump. Most dont even know the policies he has championed. I will never say Trump is a good person. Hes an egocentric businessman. Most are. On the other hand, most of his policies are sound and he is focusing attention where it needs to be. I didnt vote for him, but I am a conservative and I agree 100% with most of his policies. Im also a realist. The guy is not presidential. He was not voted for to be presidential.

AOC was voted for to get things done for people who dont necessarily deserve things to get done. To do that in a political setting you either need a ton of power or influence. AOC only has popularity and most of that popularity is with the younger crowd. While they might have votes, they dont run businesses or contribute to the overall well being of the economy. She is a media darling and those things fade. AOC will lose her next election and as she keeps having missteps in the political world people will see she has a great heart for her policies, but no power to back them.
Lots of wisdom in your post. But she isn't going to lose a Democrat district that has been Democrat since 1993 and before that the last GOP was 1927. It is solid Democrat district that trending even more Democrat so no, she will not lose her next election.

Eight

Cronin to UCLA!

Should’ve started there...

guy is more cincinnati than dixon is tcu. grew up there, dad was a successful high school coach, went to school a cincinnati, but i guess it was time to move on.

cronin is an odd guy to me and it will be interesting to see how his in the face of the players style is going to play with the level of recruit he will have access to at ucla.

curious if he would have waited for them if they had wanted to wait for billy donnovan.

froginmn

guy is more cincinnati than dixon is tcu. grew up there, dad was a successful high school coach, went to school a cincinnati, but i guess it was time to move on.

cronin is an odd guy to me and it will be interesting to see how his in the face of the players style is going to play with the level of recruit he will have access to at ucla.

curious if he would have waited for them if they had wanted to wait for billy donnovan.
Are you guys trying to rerail this thread?