• The KillerFrogs

Possible Incoming Basketball Transfers

Frog Island

Not really a transfer as he was released from his NLI by St Louis. Hargrave Academy Forward/Wing Mickey Pearson visiting this weekend (has an offer and a probable signee) 6-8/200. Originally from Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Are you saying he's likely to sing with the Frogs? Highlights look good. Nice to see a big handle the ball like that. Don't think we have anyone outside our PGs that can handle the ball currently.

Mavsman53

One guy to potentially watch is G Grant Sheffield. He is the #135 prospect in the nation and originally committed to UCLA. He has already visited Minnesota and Wake Forest and is likely to set up a visit with Wichita St. He played his Sr year at Sunrise Christian Academy in Kansas, but is originally from Arlington. I do not think we are first on his radar, nor is he a top choice for TCU, but he could be a fall back option down the road.

Eight

if the frogs could sign pearson and then pick up another 6'8"-6'9" athletic big with some range that would go a very long way to help out the inside

Purp

Samuel got more aggresnif as the year moved along. He was the most physical against UT that the last game. That left handed dunk on ole boy was flat nasty.

I’d imagine he’s a completely different player next year. He’s going to cause some teams some real problems. Hope he goes to some big man camps and works on his low post game/foot work. He picked up a bunch of fouls this year turning and putting a shoulder into the defender without really making any moves.
I think he'll improve rather quickly. He's got a very solid base of ability from which to build. I see him working on low post moves, jumpers from 12' and in, and free throws in the off season. Improving all three of those would make him an NBA prospect.

netty2424

I think he'll improve rather quickly. He's got a very solid base of ability from which to build. I see him working on low post moves, jumpers from 12' and in, and free throws in the off season. Improving all three of those would make him an NBA prospect.
If he can do that, absolutely. Kid has the tools. Love it. In my head I was thinking, low post sophomore season, mid range jumper junior year. Pull it all together as a senior and draft stock soars.

Oddly enough, I think he’ll greatly improve these two facets of his game, with free throws seeing marginal improvement at best. It’s rare to see significant jump in free throw percentage for bigs.

Mavsman53

One thing that will be interesting to watch is how many transfers do they sign that have to red-shirt. We have seen that last 2 years that you need bodies. It is extremely difficult to only play with 7-8 guys for an entire season.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Wow. It's a pity this Sing kid isn't, like, you know, one half of a set of identical twins! That way, we could have them both on the court at once! It'd be...

I'll show myself out...

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I'd like some JUCOs. One or two. For example, someone like Khadim Sy from Dayton State College would be interesting to at least throw an offer at. He'd be a helluva replacement PF.

I was in school during the Tubbs years and I remember the MJs.

Eight

One thing that will be interesting to watch is how many transfers do they sign that have to red-shirt. We have seen that last 2 years that you need bodies. It is extremely difficult to only play with 7-8 guys for an entire season.

they can not load up with guys who have to sit out.

it has hurt them that some of their recruits need a couple of years just to make basic contributions when they have lost half their total recruits period.

you don't throw scholarships at just anyone right now, but in my mind they have to go get players who can contribute in 2019-2020

Last edited:

Froggish

they can not load up with guys who have to sit out.

it has hurt them that some of their recruits need a couple of years just to make basic contributions when they have lost half their total recruits period.

you don't throw scholarships at just anyone right now, but in my mind they have to go get players who can contribute in 2019-2020
100% this...

Rose Bowl

Talk is that the staff is looking to get two bigs and one more ballhandler. I’m thinking one or two will be grad transfers. If Noi leaves we will look for another wing I’m sure. I would like to get Jenkins even if he did have to sit a year.

berryfrog95

Ncaas could be a tough task this next season if we didn’t even make the dance this year. Bane & Noi The MAJOR wildcards of course. League appears will be similar or slightly weaker than 18-19.

Tech will be good and favored to repeat, not final four good tho and KU appears to have some huge depth issues. Texas loses 2 key Srs like us and probably Hayes.

KState losing a lot of experience and Iowa State always scrappy.

Biggest off-season yet for Dixon and the Frogs.