• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU can only pray Jamie Dixon isn’t Pat Sullivan or this could get ugly

Froglaw

TCU can only pray Jamie Dixon isn’t Pat Sullivan or this could get ugly

By Big Steaming Pile
tengel@star-telegram.com

TCU’s chancellor says all that matters is that Jamie Dixon is its basketball coach, but anyone with a memory of his school should fear the ghost of Pat Sullivan.

Dixon is no longer a candidate for the head coaching position at UCLA, because ... he didn’t want the job. UCLA didn’t want him. Or TCU would not budge from the reported $8 million buyout necessary to allow Dixon from out of his contract.

Whatever the specifics, for more than 72 hours this week, Dixon was the name for UCLA. No one with the school, or Dixon, did a thing to refute that until they did.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article228808299.html#storylink=cpy

Muck needs to come deer hunting with me.

netty2424

No offense. Really? The way you say it isn’t any different than saying someone “ni...., or some fa...., whatever box you are putting someone in. It just so happen that those who run the ship get to steer it. One thing that old doesn’t do is force anyone to come on here.

You really ought to print your post, put it in an envelope and open when you’re and “old” and see how brilliant it sounds.
Are you really comparing calling someone old the same as a racist or homophobic slur?

You’ve really shown your ass here. Take off your pointy white hood and deal with your age. It’s ok to get old.

Gil LeBreton

I don't understand this site's insistence on posting Muck's crap. They promote Gil's stuff, which is fine but in violation of their own rule 12.

I must confess my ignorance. What is Rule 12 and where do I find it? (I looked, but my eyesight is getting bad). Does Rule 12 concern linking to pay sites?
For the record, PressBox DFW is a subscription-based site -- a "pay site," if you want to call it that. This is because we want to keep paying our writers a nominal amount for the time and hard work that it takes to do their stories.
Having said that, PressBox DFW also offers numerous free stories. No pay wall on much of our content, because we want you to grow accustomed to reading our stories and tell your friends about us (particularly your TCU friends).
I have been posting the links to our TCU stories myself, because we have a different deadline and posting routine than the newspapers do. In the future, for everyone's convenience, I will gladly place a dollar sign ($) next to the links to stories that are behind the pay wall.
But you probably won't see the dollar sign often, because we want you to enjoy our work....and, hopefully, also subscribe so that we can continue having great writers like Carlos, John Henry, Richie, Mosley, Gary West, etc.

Frog Island

No offense. Really? The way you say it isn’t any different than saying someone “ni...., or some fa...., whatever box you are putting someone in. It just so happen that those who run the ship get to steer it. One thing that old doesn’t do is force anyone to come on here.

You really ought to print your post, put it in an envelope and open when you’re and “old” and see how brilliant it sounds.

ScarceFaintErne-small.gif

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Are you really comparing calling someone old the same as a racist or homophobic slur?

You’ve really shown your ass here. Take off your pointy white hood and deal with your age. It’s ok to get old.

Well the same legal protections are there. Age, race, religion, etc. so yeah, I guess I am.

I’m wearing a white hood? You’re the one categorizing people!?! Again, print your post, put it away, open it when you grow up and see how open and welcoming you sound.

netty2424

Well the same legal protections are there. Age, race, religion, etc. so yeah, I guess I am.

I’m wearing a white hood? You’re the one categorizing people!?! Again, print your post, put it away, open it when you grow up and see how open and welcoming you sound.
Is this a job interview? The scheiss are you talking about. Put the brown water away Hoosier.

AroundWorldFrog

Wow. You compare jokingly calling someone an old with calling someone a n-----?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I must confess my ignorance. What is Rule 12 and where do I find it? (I looked, but my eyesight is getting bad). Does Rule 12 concern linking to pay sites?
For the record, PressBox DFW is a subscription-based site -- a "pay site," if you want to call it that. This is because we want to keep paying our writers a nominal amount for the time and hard work that it takes to do their stories.
Having said that, PressBox DFW also offers numerous free stories. No pay wall on much of our content, because we want you to grow accustomed to reading our stories and tell your friends about us (particularly your TCU friends).
I have been posting the links to our TCU stories myself, because we have a different deadline and posting routine than the newspapers do. In the future, for everyone's convenience, I will gladly place a dollar sign ($) next to the links to stories that are behind the pay wall.
But you probably won't see the dollar sign often, because we want you to enjoy our work....and, hopefully, also subscribe so that we can continue having great writers like Carlos, John Henry, Richie, Mosley, Gary West, etc.
Gil

Pay sites refers to sites like 247, Rivals, Scout, etc. your site is strictly news and not in competition with Killerfrogs

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Wow. You compare jokingly calling someone an old with calling someone a n-----?

Was he joking? So where do you daw the line on bias? It seems clear he was critical of Wes for being a censor because he “an old”. I guess the laws are up for equating them too? It’s all bias one sort or another.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
That's fine, but it seems odd to me that a website would ignore its paying customers and pander to a troll.

Maybe canceling subscriptions is what it will take. Worked with Roddog.
We are not pandering to anyone.

Dont read his articles, its your choice.If I can look at the writers name and make a decision to not read his stuff, anyone can.I dont know what’s hard about that.

I’m not trying to be a horses ass but good lord. Maybe we just offer stories about purple unicorns and bunnies.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Is this a job interview? The scheiss are you talking about. Put the brown water away Hoosier.

I can’t help you if you can’t see any bias in criticizing for doing something because he’s “an old”. If you weren’t saying he was censoring stuff due to age, why’d you bring up?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’d love to debate this more, but this “old” has to take his rheumatiz medicine, drink some warm milk with his Carters Little Liver pills and chase it Geritol and hit the rack.

netty2424

Was he joking? So where do you daw the line on bias? It seems clear he was critical of Wes for being a censor because he “an old”. I guess the laws are f...ed up for equating them too? It’s all bias one sort or another.
This is how off base you really are Hoosier, I’ve actually never ever thought Wes has changed or deleted a single post of mine. Could be wrong about that, but he’s never crossed my mind as doing that. Truthfully.

I think Wes does a fine job of letting people be themselves on his forum, despite the filters. But filters and changing/deleting posts after the fact aren’t the same thing either imo. You know instantly when a filter is used, and if you’ve been on the forum long enough, you know what prompts a filter before you even type it. Going back later and completely changing what someone else has said is problematic.

I do appreciate your posts in general Hoosier, but I don’t agree with your comparison leaps here. That’s all I’ve got on this topic.

Deep Purple

That's fine, but it seems odd to me that a website would ignore its paying customers and pander to a troll.

Maybe canceling subscriptions is what it will take. Worked with Roddog.
For the record, there are a number of us paying customers who really dislike the censorship you advocate and agree with Wes. Why you automatically assume all paying customers agree with you is a mystery. If you're that into censorship, join the frickin' Antifa fascists, who believe that shutting down any speech they disagree with is good democracy.

So Big Steaming Pile makes his journalistic living by being an insidious prick when it comes to TCU? Okay, that's no news flash. We all know it. Forewarned is forearmed. If you know this, why do you click on the threads linking his columns? Why not just skip over them?

Why do you want to make decisions on behalf of everyone else?

froginmn

For the record, there are a number of us paying customers who really dislike the censorship you advocate and agree with Wes. Why you automatically assume all paying customers agree with you is a mystery. If you're that into censorship, join the frickin' Antifa fascists, who believe that shutting down any speech they disagree with is good democracy.

So Big Steaming Pile makes his journalistic living by being an insidious prick when it comes to TCU? Okay, that's no news flash. We all know it. Forewarned is forearmed. If you know this, why do you click on the threads linking his columns? Why not just skip over them?

Why do you want to make decisions on behalf of everyone else?
You have a different definition of censorship than I do. I'm advocating for discontinuing the promotion of someone who we all know is an "insidious prick". We all know it, yet we're going to promote his stuff and chase away paying customers from this site. That seems odd to me. This site's inability to ban Roddog caused lots of posters to leave because he added no value and flamed the board. Now we're going to repeat history because we're concerned about "censorship"?
I don't assume that everyone agrees with me, but I think many do. And apparently you agree that Muck is an insidious prick and "we all know it".

I don't read his columns, but this site makes me read his click bait headlines. And they're almost always annoying and outrageous, and borderline slanderous. So why keep posting them?