• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU can only pray Jamie Dixon isn’t Pat Sullivan or this could get ugly

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU can only pray Jamie Dixon isn’t Pat Sullivan or this could get ugly

By Big Steaming Pile
tengel@star-telegram.com

TCU’s chancellor says all that matters is that Jamie Dixon is its basketball coach, but anyone with a memory of his school should fear the ghost of Pat Sullivan.

Dixon is no longer a candidate for the head coaching position at UCLA, because ... he didn’t want the job. UCLA didn’t want him. Or TCU would not budge from the reported $8 million buyout necessary to allow Dixon from out of his contract.

Whatever the specifics, for more than 72 hours this week, Dixon was the name for UCLA. No one with the school, or Dixon, did a thing to refute that until they did.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article228808299.html#storylink=cpy

y2kFrog

As been stated several times here, this situation is not like the PS saga years ago. I also believe if CJD went to ADJD and said he didn’t want to be here anymore he would have let him go. I think CJD was torn between the allure of going home and being close to family vs. his alma mater and unfinished business. I think comes through this refocused on taking us to next level.

flyfishingfrog

Muck is just mad because Dixon didn’t agree with the view he had been pushing - that UCLA is a better place for him

But stating that Sullivan was the last time a coach seriously flirted with another job but stayed at TCU is a flat out lie that shows what an unethical piece of [ Finebaum ] he is as a person

Lie to make the facts fit your narrative even though he happily wrote about Schloss last year, Saarloos last year, Mo last year, Cumbie two and four years ago, Meacham four years ago, GMFP about Kansas St and Michigan and Nebraska and Texas and ....

He just hates that lately, coaches have decided to stay at TCU far more often than leave...

Last edited:

HToady

Failed to mention that Pat Sullivan in all his disdain for TCU brought us LT.
Failed to mention Dennis Franchonie and Jeff Mittie and how we picked up even better coaches when they left on their own accord.
Could have written that TCU is not longer the patsy for big state school coach stealing but wrote the only stupid story he could.
This guy was an annoyance...now he needs to go.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Muck has nothing but steaming contempt for anybody but himself. It would be best for TCU to eject this creep from any future proceedings, knowing that the only return on such admittance is negative blather, consisting of either 1.) Lies of omission and/or 2.) Half-truths slanted into fiction.

Get thee hence...