• The KillerFrogs

Dixon staying for rest of his career per Boschini

froginaustin

Here’s what I don’t understand: ADJD said that TCU was never contacted by UCLA about the buy out.

I interpreted that to mean Donati would not not negotiate on the buyout. He stuck to his guns.

I suppose all that means that UCLA may have contacted Donati very informally or even indirectly, maybe with Dixon's agent as a go-between**, and learned that there really wasn't much if any give on the TCU side on the buyout.

So all involved went their separate ways with as little loss of face as possible under the circumstances, and Dixon stays. Some version of this scenario plays out all the time in business and the professions (including lawyers who thing they ought to be judges or in the executive suite at a Big Client), and most of the time the wandering-eye member or employee of the firm sticks around if the ambitious deal doesn't gel, with whatever wounded feelings if any clearing pretty quickly.

** Don't agents for big dollar coaches usually get percentages? If so, that should certainly drive a coach's agent to try to light the fuse for a bigger payday, with both present and prospective employers having minimum control and maximum separation over at least the preliminary contacts.

Fosterpark Squatter

Is he staying because he wants to be here or because he had no choice because they could not figure out the buy out?

What is going to happen when the next big school has an opening? We had a down year, especially considering the expectations. What is it going to be like if we make it to the tournament and actually win a game or two?
Winning a few tourney games sounds like one of the best seasons in program history and the position conference/money wise the school is in would be able to get another good coach. Also UCLA seemed like one of the few places he'd consider due to being from there and old enough to remember some of the Wooden days.

Atomic Frawg

How much of a bonus does Dixon get for making the tourney? Have any of the details ever been made public? Would he have gotten a bigger bonus for consecutive appearances?