• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

AddRan Clark

I just want some resolution either way. I think it's best for both schools if that happens ASAP. We need time to get a replacement, or they need time to find another coach.

I have a gut feeling the longer this takes, the less likely it is Dixon leaves.

MTfrog5

Apples to oranges. Some were tiring of Dixon at Pitt. So, when TCU came calling, the Pitt decision makers thought it was best to let it happen and remove roadblocks. That isn’t the case at TCU. Big difference imo.
Just a reminder, Steve doesn’t think Cali has a budget issue

smufrogger

So how does JD feel if he is only staying because TCU is requiring the $8M buyout, and he would really like to leave? Making him stay because his dream job's employer was too cheap to fund the buyout will not make him want his dream job any less. He might very well be left in a job he doesn't want, and have animosity towards his current employer because they stood between him and his nervana. I've seen this exact scenario over a dozen times in my capacity due to executive noncompete agreements
This isn’t a non compete- it’s a buyout. Dixon should have been careful going into the discussions with both parties as in the end it’s on him - he signed it.
I think he realizes he has it good at TCU and not totally sold on the move - and I also think most of us won’t forever be mad about his looking at a move but deciding to stay either ..

Westsider

Why doesn’t JD just pay the buyout himself over two years out of his $8mm salary? I’ll take that math in my business every day.

BABYFACE

Same argument I try on my wife. Doesn’t work by the way.

giphy.gif

img]

Frog Island

I still think they are stringing him along in case someone better comes along after this weekend. If not UCLA all of a sudden might find that $8 million.

At this point, I say meet in the middle and settle for $4-5 Million and let's all move on. He's leaving the program in a bad place. We still have 3 roster spots to fill up, not counting keeping the 3 commits and the rest of the current roster. He's doing damage to his "beloved" alma mater. Ready for this to end and would honestly prefer this to end with him leaving.

robbroyy

At this point, I say meet in the middle and settle for $4-5 Million and let's all move on. He's leaving the program in a bad place. We still have 3 roster spots to fill up, not counting keeping the 3 commits and the rest of the current roster. He's doing damage to his "beloved" alma mater. Ready for this to end and would honestly prefer this to end with him leaving.
You don’t let one frustrating week poison the next 2-3 years. It would be different if the roster was secure but knowing that up to 7 players future depends on Dixon being coach, it puts the program in a perilous spot.

Austintxfrog94

b6lFsQx.gif

Eight