• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

Eight

Sure...But I'd rather give a complete and thoughtful answer and leave you the choice of whether to read it in full, merely skim it...or to disregard it entirely. Nothing compels you to read everything I--or anyone else--writes...

our preference is much shorter, multiple bits of speculation and as little concrete information as possible.

heck, the longest thread on this entire site is basically the seinfield of threads.

CNhJCFTUsAAclmH.jpg

AddRan Clark

This has really been an emotional rollercoaster. I was certain two days ago that there was no chance he would leave his alma mater in a lurch. Yesterday I was certain he was leaving. With the news today, I feel it could go either way.

Regardless, I want Jamie Dixon as our head basketball coach. There really isn't another coach out there who fits TCU as well as Dixon. Looking for another Chris Beard is a fool's errand that has only a chance of working out. I really don't want to see us fall back into irrelevancy.

Last edited:

tetonfrog

the roster is a mess whether dixon is here as you have a team with one proven big period. and every recruit is 6'6" or shorter.

barlow is an unknown who looked overmatched at times and and who knows about lat. if noi is truly gone does anyone expect lat to stay around after both cousins have left tcu?

Where is lat going to go? He is not a pro prospect right now. His best move is to stay, hit the weight room & ball up next year

Froglaw

I came on here to find out if the $8M check cleared.

Evidently UCLA is wrestling with that number.

If they can't afford the buy out, then they can't afford CJD.

I'm with the prior posters, ADJD needs to offer a modest extension, pay raises for Dixon and staff.

CJD needs to have a "hugs and kisses" press conference with Superfrog and TCU administrators.

Let's get some players to stay and hit the recruiting trail.

Frog Island

I came on here to find out if the $8M check cleared.

Evidently UCLA is wrestling with that number.

If they can't afford the buy out, then they can't afford CJD.

I'm with the prior posters, ADJD needs to offer a modest extension, pay raises for Dixon and staff.

CJD needs to have a "hugs and kisses" press conference with Superfrog and TCU administrators.

Let's get some players to stay and hit the recruiting trail.

I'm sorry, but what? Why does he deserve an extension and pay raise at this point? How about finish better than .500 in conference then a raise can be discussed. Just because we are better than we were, (mostly with CTJ's players last year) the year still ended on a down note. Then this clown show. So why a raise?

flyfishingfrog

the roster is a mess whether dixon is here as you have a team with one proven big period. and every recruit is 6'6" or shorter.

barlow is an unknown who looked overmatched at times and and who knows about lat. if noi is truly gone does anyone expect lat to stay around after both cousins have left tcu?
If Noi leaves for Europe he will never play basketball on the North American continent again unless it’s a pick up game in a park

He will get chewed up and spit out in Europe with his lack of D ability and strength issues

Frozen Frog

UCLA is still a great basketball job. It is still the best job on the west coast. That doesn't mean it is the job it was 10 years ago. I have a feeling with all the budget issues California is having the buyout and other terms are a huge issue. I am also not sure there is a booster willing to foot that bill right now, and the state of California might not allow it.

My gut at this point tells me Dixon is staying. The LA Times reported he was meeting with the team about an hour ago. No reports have leaked with him leaving. An assistant has been hired to the staff. You don't hire an assistant and then quit.

I am a big fan of letting a coach go if he wants. I still have nightmares of Pat Sullivan meltdown. You negotiate a fair buyout, but hold firm. Asking for enough to get another high level coach is fair. I think Dixon knows TCU can be a great job, and that buyout is more than fair for him. If for some reason Dixon does leave, and he could be gone by time I finish typing, why not go after Ben Howland.

Frogenstein

I'm sorry, but what? Why does he deserve an extension and pay raise at this point? How about finish better than .500 in conference then a raise can be discussed. Just because we are better than we were, (mostly with CTJ's players last year) the year still ended on a down note. Then this clown show. So why a raise?
Because if UCLA is trying to hire him away and TCU wants to keep him they can offer inducements to stay which can include a pay raise to counter what UCLA is offering.
“Deserve’s got nuthin’ to do with it.” William Munny

Last edited:

LeagueCityFrog

My vote is that we make Loyal Frog Coach Dixon stay and coach at TCU if UCLA doesn't pay us the $8 million. A deal is a deal. Stay strong ADJD. The TCU alums are behind you here. "Because it is our $8 million..." t-shirts will be out next week.

Billy Clyde

If Noi leaves for Europe he will never play basketball on the North American continent again unless it’s a pick up game in a park

He will get chewed up and spit out in Europe with his lack of D ability and strength issues

Whaaaa? Because Euroballers are so well-known for being musclebound freaks who hammer dudes on defense, unlike NBA players? Da Darn?