• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

Eight

To be totally honest he hasn’t done anything to date that makes me feel cofident in locking up a good replacement. Not saying Donati can’t do it, but I haven’t seen anything that shows he can. Basically everything to date was teed up by CDC, it’s just been Donati’s gig to not screw up (coach/personnel wise)

so if cdc hired dixon and this is now where we find ourselves 3 years after the hire where things really teed up?

Eight

I am sure JDon has a plan. This has been talked about for 3 months now. Now it’s just executing the plan he has. Put the trust in he has feelers out to external candidates and has a good grasp if any guys on staff would make great HC and then execute.

so you are saying dixon to ucla has been in the works for 3 months or it has been an open topic of discussion?

TCUdirtbag

Just because you have a bad year that’s not cause enough.

If, as was suggested, the coach is intentionally not doing his job (not recruiting, not showing up, not fulfilling his job duties, etc.) because the school wouldn’t let him walk and breach the contract he agreed to, then a year could quite possibly be plenty of time to establish cause.

leofrog

If, as was suggested, the coach is intentionally not doing his job (not recruiting, not showing up, not fulfilling his job duties, etc.) because the school wouldn’t let him walk and breach the contract he agreed to, then a year could quite possibly be plenty of time to establish cause.
That’s poor performance, not cause. Unless sanctions, he would get the full amount....unless negotiated.

LVH

You guys really think a buyout is going to get in the way of this? Come on.

My first call is to Craig Smith at Utah State. Energetic, coaches a fun brand of ball, and could possibly bring some really good transfers with him. USU was very young this year and had a stud freshman big man from Portugal.

I'd also like Chris Jans. Although he has a skeleton or two in his closet, he can absolutely coach. NMSU should've beaten Auburn in the 1st round this year.

Completely agree with Craig Smith. You guys want a Chris Beard? He is the guy. He can flat out coach. He did things at South Dakota... SOUTH DAKOTA... similar to what Beard did at UALR. And took Utah State from a below .500 team to MWC champs in year 1.

The problem with Jans is that New Mexico State is a big fish in a small pond. The last 3 New Mexico State coaches to leave have terrible track records. Theus, Menzies, and Weir. No NCAA tournaments between the 3.

leofrog

Completely agree with Craig Smith. You guys want a Chris Beard? He is the guy. He can flat out coach. He did things at South Dakota... SOUTH DAKOTA... similar to what Beard did at UALR. And took Utah State from a below .500 team to MWC champs in year 1.

The problem with Jans is that New Mexico State is a big fish in a small pond. The last 3 New Mexico State coaches to leave have terrible track records. Theus, Menzies, and Weir. No NCAA tournaments between the 3.
But, Jans has a track record before NMSU, albeit a small record.

TCUdirtbag

That’s poor performance, not cause. Unless sanctions, he would get the full amount....unless negotiated.

It obviously depends on the cause clause in his contract. Industry standard: not showing up to work and intentionally tanking is typically clear-cut cause.