• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

LVH

I hope we take a look at Matt McMahon at Murray St, Richard Pitino at Minnesota, and Chris Jans at New Mexico St.

McMahon and Jans inherited already strong programs and have simply kept the course, and no no no no no to a Pitino. No.

Edit: The last 3 New Mexico State coaches to be hired away have not been very successful. They are such a big fish in a small pond in the WAC, I'd avoid.

leofrog

Dawkins could go straight to Duke from UCF. I believe he could elevate the program and make it one of the plum jobs in America.
Again, what has Dawkins done in 11 years as a head coach that makes you high on him? He has only 2 NCAA appearances, and was fired from another private college.

ShreveFrog

Again, what has Dawkins done in 11 years as a head coach that makes you high on him? He has only 2 NCAA appearances, and was fired from another private college.

Played and coached under Coach K. Just took Duke down to the wire in the tournament.

He's the most intriguing of the guys I've seen mentioned. Are there better candidates? Yeah I'm all ears.

riffram2011

I wouldn't. In fact, I'd charge additional for storage and transportation of The Big Dix

The only thing I could think is maybe Dixon would just quit instead, or go full June Jones late-era SMU and just stop caring, neither of which seem like good things to do for your career.

Eight

The only thing I could think is maybe Dixon would just quit instead, or go full June Jones late-era SMU and just stop caring, neither of which seem like good things to do for your career.

if he wants to quit than quit and how many jobs did june jones get after how he ended his time at smu?

this isn't a case of exhorting money from a program who doesn't have it. ucla offered cal 8m per and recently signed a contract with under armour for $280m.

if they really want dixon pay the price and if jamie doesn't like that number fire his agent because he thought it was fine when he signed the contract

SnoSki

I imagine the buyout figure starts the negotiations. It'll settle somewhere lower and we can use the money on the next coach

Eight

I imagine the buyout figure starts the negotiations. It'll settle somewhere lower and we can use the money on the next coach

m6vv7ywksmqz.png

tetonfrog

TCU will use that money to buy out the contract of our next coach.Donati should have some people in mind to replace JD. It is fine if we settle, but it is not fine if we don't have enough buyout money for the next coach.

This is another test for our new AD. Hope he is up to the challenge.

SnoSki

TCU will use that money to buy out the contract of our next coach.Donati should have some people in mind to replace JD. It is fine if we settle, but it is not fine if we don't have enough buyout money for the next coach.

This is another test for our new AD. Hope he is up to the challenge.
I once read that the best ADs always have a working list of replacements for all of their coaches.

TCUdirtbag

I disagree. If he wants to go, negotiate an amount to get something out of it and let him go. Holding someone here over a buyout is in my view a bad strategy. See Pat Sullivan for example.

You collect the buy out so you can go buy someone else out of their contract. That’s how it works. You don’t just say “oh you want to scheiss us? Please have it your way!” TCU is going to need that money.

As was mentioned, UCLA just signed a mega deal with UA. And they’re going to get JD way cheaper than what they threw at Calipari. They can find $8 M.