• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

Eight

Dawkins could go straight to Duke from UCF. I believe he could elevate the program and make it one of the plum jobs in America.

i am not sure to get this program turned around you hire a coach who believes tcu is a final destination.

great deal of work needs to be done in the program still.

we can't look at this job with the vision of patterson and the football job. gary in effect has had multiple jobs with that one job with each move up the conference ladders.

AroundWorldFrog

Rumors are that Noi wants to play Europe. Similar rumors about Bane. JD likely gone and recruits as well. This is a very "sky is falling" take but the future of the program isn't looking very bright.
I said a month ago that Noi looked gone already the way he was playing. Would not surprise me at all. Bane would surprise me.

JogginFrog

Does Broussard follow Dixon back to UCLA?

You would think so, but if Dixon leaves, I wonder if keeping Broussard is where Donati begins to make his mark in this process. You look at his bio and see a guy who has been on a Dixon-like trajectory to becoming a major college head coach. Recruiting wizard. Has handled operations. Earned a PhD in sports administration. When things go south with Alford, he makes a lateral move to his home state. Next stop has to be a head-coaching job.

If he'd been on Jamie's staff for a year or two with good results, I think he would be would get a serious look at an internal promotion. As it is, I think the disaster of the Neil Dougherty era will keep TCU from hiring a first-time head coach. But if TCU doesn't find a way to keep Broussard, whether as assistant or HC, I expect we'll look back in a few years and say, "Wow, we could've had that guy."

I think Donati convincing him to stay will make the job more attractive to whomever considers the head coaching job.

Eight

This wouldn’t bother me either.

i agree based on the limited sample size with the only downside being the frogs would be down to 2 players taller than 6'6" on their roster trying to play in the big 12.

the more that i think about it dixon inherited a much better collection of players from trent than he has on his roster going into next season.

Eight

Donati has zero reason to budge.

agree 100%.

the current state of the tcu roster heading into next year is the responsibility of dixon and his staff. they are the one's who stand the best chance to keep key parts of the roster in place and hold the class together.

you want to walk away from the chance to come back home great, it will cost you $8m. if ucla doesn't want you that bad then get your ass getting kids to class and filling out this roster

fff91

I disagree. If he wants to go, negotiate an amount to get something out of it and let him go. Holding someone here over a buyout is in my view a bad strategy. See Pat Sullivan for example.