• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

Froginbedford

I’ll put some of this on CDC by letting people courtside have tons of extra tickets that they sell. CDC did not help in building a home court and now Donati is doing everything possible to try and fix this.

And again, what did DelConte know and when did he know it?

Bruin Steve

LawFrog asked why UCLA wants him...
I guess I can address that. People at UCLA have always had a warm spot for Jamie. A lot of folks here liked Howland's coaching--his style of play, his tenacious defense, etc. What wore thin in the end was his difficult personality and poor interpersonal relationships. But they sort of view Jamie, off the Howland coaching tree, as Howland with a better demeanor. Add in that he's a local kid. The Bruins have also always liked Mark Few, for example...but the word on few is that he wont leave god-forsaken Eastern Washington. If you've ever spent even a day there in winter, you'd worry about the mental well-being of anyone who chose to live there. But, word is that Few will never leave...born and raised in rural Creswell, Oregon, spent his entire career at Gonzaga...isn't comfortable with the idea of moving anywhere...especially the "Big City"...But, Jamie, being an LA kid, should feel right at home.

LawFrog504

I guess I can address that. People at UCLA have always had a warm spot for Jamie. A lot of folks here liked Howland's coaching--his style of play, his tenacious defense, etc. What wore thin in the end was his difficult personality and poor interpersonal relationships. But they sort of view Jamie, off the Howland coaching tree, as Howland with a better demeanor. Add in that he's a local kid. The Bruins have also always liked Mark Few, for example...but the word on few is that he wont leave god-forsaken Eastern Washington. If you've ever spent even a day there in winter, you'd worry about the mental well-being of anyone who chose to live there. But, word is that Few will never leave...born and raised in rural Creswell, Oregon, spent his entire career at Gonzaga...isn't comfortable with the idea of moving anywhere...especially the "Big City"...But, Jamie, being an LA kid, should feel right at home.
I understand all that. I just don't know if that's worth the rumored $8 million buyout UCLA will have to pay. But people way smarter than me will be making that call

MTfrog5

Hope you’re not expecting the Dixon defense you saw at Pitt. 3 point shots haven’t exactly been guarded very well to say the least

leofrog

From what is going around this morning JD is gone. Maybe the rigors of playing in the Big 12 got to him. We don't always have the best team in the country, but from top to bottom I don't think there is another conference that is as strong as this one. When you factor in a double round robin schedule you have teams like TCU that are NCAA tournament quality that get left out. Maybe JD just isn't up for grueling schedules like that, and if we're honest the Pac-12 is a terrible basketball league so a good team can really clean up there.

JD, thanks for nothing. Thanks for taking this job and improving the team just enough to improve your marketability. Thanks for doing half the job then leaving us in a lurch after we've supported you almost unconditionally.

This probably sounds like sour grapes, and it is, but I hope he fails miserably there.
So, Dixon doesn’t want to coach in a tough league? He was in the original Big East, and then the ACC before the Big 12. I don’t think that has anything to do with it.

Maybe he wants to go some place where the fans will show up? It was depressing, especially the 3 NIT games to have the stands 50-60% full.

Again, we don’t know why Dixon is leaving if he is, but quit making stuff up!

HFrog12

I don't wish bad things on JD. He worked hard while he was here and for a brief moment elevated the program. This is a business. What frustrates me is looking back to when he was hired and how connected he felt with TCU being his alma mater. I was really under the impression that he was going to be here until he retired, maybe that was naive of me. Now you look at the season and the amount of players that have left the program and players that sound like they are leaving (Bane and Noi). Also factor in the assumption that coveted commits/recruits will likely look elsewhere. If all of those things play out like I expect, then he won't have left the program any better than when he got here.

Message for JD: Thanks your contributions as a player and for giving us all a glimpse of what TCU basketball is capable of. Thanks for your passion and hard work as a coach. You will always be welcome as an alum. That being said, if it doesn't work out at UCLA do not expect to be welcomed back for employment. You were given the keys to the castle and a secured career at your alma mater, which some people only dream of. Not only that, but you had the opportunity to do it in the best basketball conference in the country. Fans are fans and always want something more. So if you think you will have it easier at UCLA then you are mistaken. Good luck to you.

leofrog

Can not fault Dixon for taking the UCLA job. That is one of the premier jobs in college basketball. I know he went to TCU, but he also grew up in southern California. The program is in much better shape than when he arrived. I appreciate everything he did for the program and hope the next coach can keep it going.
Ditto. He elevated the program. No ill will here.

Wexahu

This is probably ok to say now, but personally I think JD is somewhat overrated as a coach. It will suck if there is a mass exodus and we have to start from the very bottom, but if we make a good hire it can turn around in a hurry. Also, there is something ironic about people worrying that players will leave now that JD is gone. Players leaving while he was here has kind of been a major issue.

I don't expect JD to have great success at UCLA. I think there's something about him, maybe an underlying arrogance, that kind of rubs people (including his players) the wrong way.

Dogfrog

You know it’s a weird day when folks are quoting our trolls.

LawFrog504

You know it’s a weird day when folks are quoting our trolls.
I am in no sense, shape, or form a "troll." You are incredibly feeble minded if you consider anyone who does not 100% see eye to eye with you is a troll. Enjoy playing fortnite in your mom's basement for the rest of the day.

tetonfrog

I can't believe Noi would do well in Europe. The best thing for him would be to stay here and work on his game. He was up and down this year. Don't know his family's money situation, but if he stayed here and pushed himself in the weight room than he would have a better chance to play in the NBA.

Bane would do well overseas. But I still have a hard time believing that going to Europe would further his NBA draft stock. Staying in FW and being the No. 1 guy on a Big 12 team would be great for him.

But I understand why they want to chase the money. Look at what happened to Lagerald Vick at KU this year.

tetonfrog

I am in no sense, shape, or form a "troll." You are incredibly feeble minded if you consider anyone who does not 100% see eye to eye with you is a troll. Enjoy playing fortnite in your mom's basement for the rest of the day.

When was the last time you said something positive about TCU on this board? That makes you a troll.

LawFrog504

When was the last time you said something positive about TCU on this board? That makes you a troll.
Literally yesterday, when I thanked someone for the lawsuit updates, or also yesterday, when I said I hope our midweek starter finds something that can help us going forward.

But you know what, you're right. It's 2019. In typical CNN fashion, if facts don't fit some narrative you are trying to push, just ignore them. Whatever works. You are a complete and utter clown

Frog-in-law1995

Literally yesterday, when I thanked someone for the lawsuit updates, or also yesterday, when I said I hope our midweek starter finds something that can help us going forward.

But you know what, you're right. It's 2019. In typical CNN fashion, if facts don't fit some narrative you are trying to push, just ignore them. Whatever works. You are a complete and utter clown

Not that I care about this convo or who is or isn’t a troll in the slightest, but how are either of those statements examples of saying something positive about TCU?

TAINTed frog

Go back to your safe place with Fox and Friends