• The KillerFrogs

2019 Baseball Season

Pharm Frog

Positive development for us

Also would be nice if LBSU could freakin' figure out how to score runs in games that aren't the middle game of a series against us. I have an idea that their ridiculously hard early season schedule may have just crushed any positive psyche they could have had.

And nice to know that Vandy has finally ascended to #1 in RPI again.

jake102

Feel free to ignore it. Meanwhile, interesting second sentence. RPI is a "pointless stat" regardless of how much the committee looks at it?

It just blows my mind that a sport that uses data as much as baseball uses a formula as stupidly simplistic as RPI to make decisions. Xavier is 9-18 and is #42.

Purp

Positive development for us

Maybe it can be more than just a quality win for us and also be an example of how a team can get sorted out mid-season for a strong finish.

It seems like a lot needs to go perfectly for us to have anything resembling what we'd consider success this season, but we're really a couple starting arms and a bullpen arm away from being VERY good. Maybe a few guys who have been great in the past (JJ, Cal, Eissler) can get sorted out and we can have a similar story written about us. Williamson would be nice to get going again too. He's got better upside than what we've seen from him recently. King has made positive improvements this season as has Green, though Haylen still isn't showing much consistency.

Okay, that's all the sunshine I have in my arse today.

jake102

Maybe a few guys who have been great in the past (JJ, Cal, Eissler) can get sorted out and we can have a similar story written about us. Williamson would be nice to get going again too. He's got better upside than what we've seen from him recently. King has made positive improvements this season y

Eissler has been perfectly fine every time he comes out of the bullpen. I think the path forward is:

Lodolololo - keep doing what he does. Hope you can get the run support and get it to Perez.
Just throw something at the wall Saturday. Start Green or someone else and at the first sign of trouble, bring in King or Eissler. Mix in Mihlbauer. Possibly Perez depending on situation, but not likely assuming he pitched Friday.
Sunday Williamson and here's where you hope he figures it out. He's got to give us 5IP, 3ER or less. Then mix in King or Eissler depending on who didn't pitch Saturday. Throw Perez.
Mid-week - just pitch whoever isn't worn out and hope we score 10 runs or more.

Fortunately if we can get to postseason play, you eliminate that 4th start altogether and potentially the 3rd start. Move Williamson to game 2 and pray you go 2-0.

Last edited:

Leap Frog

Maybe it can be more than just a quality win for us and also be an example of how a team can get sorted out mid-season for a strong finish.

It seems like a lot needs to go perfectly for us to have anything resembling what we'd consider success this season, but we're really a couple starting arms and a bullpen arm away from being VERY good. Maybe a few guys who have been great in the past (JJ, Cal, Eissler) can get sorted out and we can have a similar story written about us. Williamson would be nice to get going again too. He's got better upside than what we've seen from him recently. King has made positive improvements this season as has Green, though Haylen still isn't showing much consistency.

Okay, that's all the sunshine I have in my arse today.
TCU pitching only gave up 6 earned runs to 8 by OSU Sunday.
And Frogs left 16 base runners stranded, while Pokes only left 6.
Also, we had 15 base hits to only 8 by Cowboys-- a very telling stat that probably cost the game.
I say that we are the best team, but need to turn those figures into production.

LawFrog504

Can't even begin to imagine who starts for us tonight. Doubt they go more than 2 innings based on the way 22 has managed weekday starts lately. Hope we find someone who finds something that helps us going forward

flyfishingfrog

Can't even begin to imagine who starts for us tonight. Doubt they go more than 2 innings based on the way 22 has managed weekday starts lately. Hope we find someone who finds something that helps us going forward
I think we need to give some combination of Barr, Rudis and/or Arrighetti a shot.

I know that Schloss said one of them has starter level potential for sure - but that they needed time. Well we don't have time and we need them to grow up fast.

And we are going to need probably 2 of them to be starters next year anyway - so it would be great to figure out if that is going to happen sooner rather than later.

LawFrog504

I think we need to give some combination of Barr, Rudis and/or Arrighetti a shot.

I know that Schloss said one of them has starter level potential for sure - but that they needed time. Well we don't have time and we need them to grow up fast.

And we are going to need probably 2 of them to be starters next year anyway - so it would be great to figure out if that is going to happen sooner rather than later.
Yep agreed. Schloss said Arrighetti got a start because he has the most pitches in his arsenal. Hope it continues.

My god do we miss Caleb Sloan and Russell Smith

jake102

Yep agreed. Schloss said Arrighetti got a start because he has the most pitches in his arsenal. Hope it continues.

My god do we miss Caleb Sloan and Russell Smith

And Janczak. Two of our four starters are out and one big piece of bullpen. Just imagine:
Lodololo
Janczak healthy
Smith
Williamson is Tuesday starter.

Eissler, King, Mihlbauer, Sloan, Perez in bullpen. Probably be feeling pretty good about the season.

Eight

question on the future of williamson

i thought from what other's said on here it was expected he would be in ft worth a year, fine tune some things, and off to the mlb draft

based upon what we have seen so far and i am very much open to his putting a big surge on in the second half and raising his draft stock, would you guess he stays, goes, or is it too early to make that guess?

flyfishingfrog

question on the future of williamson

i thought from what other's said on here it was expected he would be in ft worth a year, fine tune some things, and off to the mlb draft

based upon what we have seen so far and i am very much open to his putting a big surge on in the second half and raising his draft stock, would you guess he stays, goes, or is it too early to make that guess?
so many others have more experience than I do - but I find it hard to see a guy that is avg about 3 innings a start going high enough to make him leave unless he just wants to get out of college and move on.

TooColdU

#12 UT loses to #9 A&M
#24 Ok State loses to Central Arkansas
OU loses to Oral Roberts
K-State loses to Nebraska
KU loses to Wichita State
Baylor beats Dallas Baptist
Texas Tech beats New Mexico

Huge upset brewing..
Long Beach State (3-23) is currently up 14-4 on #7 Arizona State (25-1)