• The KillerFrogs

Major announcement coming Monday

flyfishingfrog

They probably just giving him a special title like "Special Assistant to the Athletic Director" or something. I don't see LT wanting to be a coach yet. Seems into hanging out with kids and family.
I wanted to do that also one time when I was “younger”

Tried retiring ealry so I could spend more time with my youngest children before they were gone from the house and to see my new grandkids when they were babies

I made it 13 months before I started a new practice - some people can do it but I think a lot of people that have the drive to succeed originally get bored after a while of catching up on life and want to contribute

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he joined the school in some more official capacity

Wexahu

I wanted to do that also one time when I was “younger”

Tried retiring ealry so I could spend more time with my youngest children before they were gone from the house and to see my new grandkids when they were babies

I made it 13 months before I started a new practice - some people can do it but I think a lot of people that have the drive to succeed originally get bored after a while of catching up on life and want to contribute

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he joined the school in some more official capacity

13 months is a heck of a lot longer than I could make it. The thought of waking up in the morning with almost nothing to do sounds miserable to me. Hanging out with kids and grandkids sounds great and all until you realize they don't really want to hang out with you and you're basically just getting in their way.

jake102

I can't imagine ever retiring in the traditional sense where you literally have nothing to do. However, I would like to retire early and be able to do the kind of work I want to do... run my own business, flexible hours, etc.

Wexahu

Shoot. Thats my dream job.

Not sitting around, but waking up and deciding if I want to drink beer, hunt, fish, golf, etc...sounds pretty great.

It does sound pretty great. The reality is though that I think it'd get old really, really fast. Maybe not for some people but for me it would. I think the perfect retirement would be to work four days a week and be done by 2:00 every day That way you kind of have it both ways.

CountryFrog

It does sound pretty great. The reality is though that I think it'd get old really, really fast. Maybe not for some people but for me it would. I think the perfect retirement would be to work four days a week and be done by 2:00 every day That way you kind of have it both ways.
You can still have your job as a Playoff Committee promoter and lobbyist every football season.

Dogfrog

To each his own. If you run your own business and it is lucrative and makes you feel good don’t retire. If it makes you feel good about yourself to be an employee, don’t retire. If you can afford it and are ok with deciding what you are going to do today over a cup of coffee every morning, do it. Just remember that you are among the very fortunate if you have choices. And as Kevin McCarthy used to say: Things you never hear anybody say on their deathbed: If only I had spent more time at the office.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Assuming a donation or fairly loose/advisory role in the athletics department as a whole.

Announcement is at Schollmaier, not the Four Sevens football team meeting room. Sounds like an athletics department announcement and not a football personnel one.

No clue what it is tho.

Last edited:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Probably depends on the person. If you go to a job everyday loving it, it might not sound great. If you put in 35 years grinding it out, it is heaven.

I love retirement, doing what I do best...whatever I choose.

SuperTFrog

Anyone else find this timing a little intriguing? Maybe trying to brighten the gloom and doom of the basketball announcement with some “major” positive news.

BABYFACE

My fantasy work/retirement.

Best of both worlds. To be a sponsored tournament fisherman. It is like being retired but getting paid.

Make a big enough splash then you get to have one of those fishing shows that air on early Sunday afternoon and wear crazy sunglasses that you endorse. Yep, that’s the ticket.

Last edited:

Bob

Hope they are auctioning some leftover LT For Heisman bumper stickers. My old pickup that had it on the bumper died of terminal rust.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I can't imagine ever retiring in the traditional sense where you literally have nothing to do. However, I would like to retire early and be able to do the kind of work I want to do... run my own business, flexible hours, etc.
I retired over 4 years ago, and wouldn't even think of going back. I wake up every morning and decide what I want to do, and then do it. There are always things to do on a farm, but it's not like having a job or having any deadlines to meet. As I say, and perhaps @tcudoc can confirm, I really loved doing anesthesia, but now I really love NOT doing anesthesia, with all the attendant stresses and long hours.