• The KillerFrogs

Last 4 In

ATC Frog

SBNation has TCU as one of the last 4 byes. (Updated about 30 min ago)

Palm at CBS has TCU in the first 4 against tOSU as an 11 seed (updated within the last hour)

ESPN also has TCU as an 11 seed playing Temple in the first 4.

nwlafrog

Wait. You actually keep a white board with all the teams and update it as they are picked for the tournament? Do you get paid for this or is it a hobby? Either way, you love the NCAA tournament way more than I do. And I love it quite a bit.

Good on ya, mate. I wish I had that kind of time in my life.

KeyGrossCondor-size_restricted.gif

AddRan Clark

I feel like I should be more nervous than I am. We don't have a bad loss on our profile. We played a good non-conference schedule and played in the best conference in the country. We swept the team that won the conference tournament. The consensus I've seen is that we're competing with ASU, St. John's, NC State, and Temple for a spot. I have to believe we're more deserving than any of those teams for a spot in the tournament.

Limey Frog

Left out: that will happen when you lose 11 conference games by continually choking with endless turnovers down the stretch. I'm still proud of the way our team kept fighting to the end of the season, and how the few healthy players responded to our having such a thin roster. Hopefully we'll have a good NIT run. But the bottom line is that if the NCAA dance is large enough for 7-11 TCU, it's too darn large.

Purp

So UNCG was next in...Frogs didn’t have a chance
3 of the last 4 in were almost criminal. Again, I don't think we deserved to be in, but neither did a lot of other teams. Probably should have been a 50 team field this year. But since it's 68 we should have made it given so many of those who did.

Limey Frog

Do Ole Miss and Miss St deserve to be in?

Serious question or is this SEC love fest bleeding through ?

No, they don't. At most the field should be 48 with a bye to the second round for the top 16 teams. If it were up to me, I'd move it back down to 32 teams and play home court through the final four, then host the semi-finals at neutral college gyms. But since men's basketball has to be sacrificial cash-cow to fund the NCAA's national championship events in the endless Title IX sports that can't pay their own way...