• The KillerFrogs

Selection Sunday Thread

CountryFrog

I’m not too surprised actually. Not sure we earned it this year.
Oh, we absolutely didn't. But there are several teams in the tournament who really didn't earn it. Just have to get 68 in there no matter what.

I think we have only ourselves to blame for horrific losses to Oklahoma, WVU, and OSU plus the blown lead at home against Kansas. Win just one of any of those games and that's probably enough.

At the same time, you can make plenty of arguments for us being better than some of the teams who did get at large bids. Still, though, if you don't do enough to get yourself solidly into a 68 team field then that's on you.

MadFrog

We deserved not being picked. There were times when we played like the 3 Stooges and had some of the dumbest turnovers ever seen. We are just not that good. Good teams don't blow double digit leads in their conference tournaments.

ATC Frog

Oh, we absolutely didn't. But there are several teams in the tournament who really didn't earn it. Just have to get 68 in there no matter what.

I think we have only ourselves to blame for horrific losses to Oklahoma, WVU, and OSU plus the blown lead at home against Kansas. Win just one of any of those games and that's probably enough.

At the same time, you can make plenty of arguments for us being better than some of the teams who did get at large bids. Still, though, if you don't do enough to get yourself solidly into a 68 team field then that's on you.

This middle paragraph is exactly my thoughts as well. Win any of those games you mention (especially the KU game) and I think our spot was fairly secure. However, they didn’t and it wasn’t.