• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

Made some sketchy memories today, folks. Woke up this a.m. and tried to head to Angel Fire to retrieve my daughter's ski jacket that she left at our friend's condo, on the way to Red River to snowmobile, and we got stuck in the whiteout/blizzard that set in last night. Cars were stuck going up the mountain as we were going up, but we couldn't find a place to turn around... since we were going up switchbacks on a mountain, and we eventually got stuck on a corner going up the hill with several other cars. I made the call that I was going to get out in the blizzard and push/jump/spin my truck around in reverse to get us away from the ravine (no guardrail) that we had slid up against, so I told my wife to drive and just put it in reverse and do what I say. I hopped out and worked my arse off for a good 10 minutes and we got it turned around and went back down the mountain to salvage the day. There were about five other cars that were stuck and just watched me do a blizzard crossift workout without getting out to help, and they gave me a thumbs-up as we went down past them while they just waited on the tow trucks. I've driven in heavy snow/ice before, but I've never been in anything like that. It was insane... complete whiteout and couldn't see the road. The kids had no clue how sketchy that was, as my wife said they were laughing when I was bouncing on the back bumper to try to get some traction. My little country girl wife was terrified... leg was shaking while she was on the throttle, hoping we wouldn't run off into the ravine. It all worked out and we had a great day, but that was a lot. Vacations at this point in life aren't as care-free as I remember!

That must be one heck of a jacket

HFrog1999

I’m up at 4 am because my son’s fish tank cracked and flooded all over his room

Q6kR9s.gif

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Made some sketchy memories today, folks. Woke up this a.m. and tried to head to Angel Fire to retrieve my daughter's ski jacket that she left at our friend's condo, on the way to Red River to snowmobile, and we got stuck in the whiteout/blizzard that set in last night. Cars were stuck going up the mountain as we were going up, but we couldn't find a place to turn around... since we were going up switchbacks on a mountain, and we eventually got stuck on a corner going up the hill with several other cars. I made the call that I was going to get out in the blizzard and push/jump/spin my truck around in reverse to get us away from the ravine (no guardrail) that we had slid up against, so I told my wife to drive and just put it in reverse and do what I say. I hopped out and worked my arse off for a good 10 minutes and we got it turned around and went back down the mountain to salvage the day. There were about five other cars that were stuck and just watched me do a blizzard crossift workout without getting out to help, and they gave me a thumbs-up as we went down past them while they just waited on the tow trucks. I've driven in heavy snow/ice before, but I've never been in anything like that. It was insane... complete whiteout and couldn't see the road. The kids had no clue how sketchy that was, as my wife said they were laughing when I was bouncing on the back bumper to try to get some traction. My little country girl wife was terrified... leg was shaking while she was on the throttle, hoping we wouldn't run off into the ravine. It all worked out and we had a great day, but that was a lot. Vacations at this point in life aren't as care-free as I remember!
hero_dad_shirt.jpg

Ron Swanson

I need to rewatch Jeremiah Johnson.

It’s one of those movies where I’m like, “yeah I’ve seen that a bunch of times”, so in my mind I don’t need to watch it since I’ve already seen it, but in reality I watched it with my dad when I was a little kid and I’m sure I retained nothing and missed everything of importance.

Thanks for the reminder, going to add it to the list.

SnoSki

In 30 years your kids will be posting in this thread about how they love going on ski trips in the car bc their dad was a winter soldier super hero while everyone else on the mountain was a fairy.
It just hit me that with the internet we may have one of our kids on this thread someday ... time to delete stuff

cdsfrog

Up at 3am today for 530am flight to Riga. Horrible but Riga is awesome. Taxi was free to apartment and fast. Whole city thus far is insane. Highly recommend to all. Eating waffles, eggs and fries and drinking a chocolate stout. I like this country.

Riggs you're a badass. Hfrog that sounds horrible. I woke up last trip and the bathroom was covered every inch in puke, my daughter standing covered as well. Fun times. Thankfully they had a mop, dryer/washer, and cleaning sink. Saved the trip.