• The KillerFrogs

The Carter East Side Expansion Event

LeagueCityFrog

If anyone went tonight or tomorrow night, please post how the event went and if you got the seats you were hoping for and what game next Fall they think that east side expansion will officially open. Also if they talked about any sizzle features the finish out will have inside.

Thanks,

Go Frogs

LeagueCityFrog

The east side is going to do a couple great things for TCU:

1. Help hold in the noise more.
2. Add revenue to TCU's bottom line for non-revenue sports. (Very important for post 2024)
3. Allow TCU to rent out this space for other money making non-football events.
4. Makes the stadium even more intimidating walking in from Stadium Drive.
5. Most importantly, creates the most awesome, best in America hopefully, game day experience for people that paid up to get in. I'll be there tonight too to pick our seats and looking forward to it. Should be the nicest facility in America when completely.

Added bonus...These east side people ponied up the money that's also paying for an awesome new jumbotron that was described as "slightly bigger than Baylor's." Everyone will get to enjoy that.

Wexahu

5. Most importantly, creates the most awesome, best in America hopefully, game day experience for people that paid up to get in. I'll be there tonight too to pick our seats and looking forward to it. Should be the nicest facility in America when completely.

You never fail to deliver a fair bit of hyperbole. Well done.

Wexahu

Okay Negative Nancy... From that list of 5, what is potentially incorrect there... Then I'm going to put you on ignore as others have.

I'm excited TCU athletics made this bold move and looking forward to going tonight.

I don't know. We have very nice facilities, there's nothing wrong with them and they are plenty good enough........but I have no idea how they rank with the 60+ other P5 programs out there because I haven't visited more than maybe a handful of them, and I doubt you have either. And as for teams being more more intimidated walking into ACS because of the east side expansion, I think that's funny, that's all. I honestly doubt ACS would rate very highly on anyone's "intimidating" list of stadiums.

FWIW, I'm fine with the move too.

LeagueCityFrog

I don't know. We have very nice facilities, there's nothing wrong with them and they are plenty good enough........but I have no idea how they rank with the 60+ other P5 programs out there because I haven't visited more than maybe a handful of them, and I doubt you have either. And as for teams being more more intimidated walking into ACS because of the east side expansion, I think that's funny, that's all. I honestly doubt ACS would rate very highly on anyone's "intimidating" list of stadiums.

FWIW, I'm fine with the move too.

Well that's why you don't make assumptions. I've traveled to more road Frog games than most people I know including all the way out to the Boise State game... which was awesome... I've been all through SEC, ACC, Big XII, and Big Ten and from what my business suppliers tell me that went to schools like Alabama, Ohio State, and Georgia (all whom I took to Fort Worth) that their time watching a TCU home game was one of the best times they've ever had at a college sports event. They commented that our tailgate scene was awesome, and stadium was spacious and nicely finished out, and that they walked away thinking TCU invented attractive females. They continued saying they had never seen so many good looking women at one college sports event.

TCU, with this Eastside expansion and new jumbotron, may have the nicest college football stadium pound for pound in America coming Fall 2019.

Wexahu

Well that's why you don't make assumptions. I've traveled to more road Frog games than most people I know including all the way out to the Boise State game... which was awesome... I've been all through SEC, ACC, Big XII, and Big Ten and from what my business suppliers tell me that went to schools like Alabama, Ohio State, and Georgia (all whom I took to Fort Worth) that their time watching a TCU home game was one of the best times they've ever had at a college sports event. They commented that our tailgate scene was awesome, and stadium was spacious and nicely finished out, and that they walked away thinking TCU invented attractive females. They continued saying they had never seen so many good looking women at one college sports event.

TCU, with this Eastside expansion and new jumbotron, may have the nicest college football stadium pound for pound in America coming Fall 2019.

Fair enough. It is very nice, almost a country club feel in certain sections of it, and it seems that's kind of how your business suppliers saw it as well. What about the intimidating part? And what about our stadium helps us win games? Are opponents intimidated by our spacious concourse and nicely finished out suites and great looking women? Personally, I couldn't care less about any of that stuff relative to me going to a football game. I don't sit in suites, I might go take a leak once every game, and I might grab a drink or popcorn at the concession just like I would at any game....so all this extra as far as I'm concerned is just superficial fluff to try and keep up (and I know "keeping up" at some level on the stadium front is important). What would be 100x more intimidating though is having more, louder, fans closer to the action and a packed, rowdy stadium.....not an extra section of club seats.

I agree. I would also add I would love for them to brick the field-level wall much akin to how the tunnel was done.

Moose Stuff

Literally none of this is important to me. I care about home field advantage and winning football games. I do not care how comfortable rich donors and your business suppliers are while they stare at mostly underage girls.

Big Frog II

As stadiums continues to get built and remodeled, expect more and more club seats and suites especially among the P-5 schools and the pros. It is just a fact of life. Those fans are the ones helping their programs have the necessary dollars to compete year in year out.

HFrog1999

The east side is going to do a couple great things for TCU:

1. Help hold in the noise more.
2. Add revenue to TCU's bottom line for non-revenue sports. (Very important for post 2024)
3. Allow TCU to rent out this space for other money making non-football events.

Added bonus...These east side people ponied up the money that's also paying for an awesome new jumbotron that was described as "slightly bigger than Baylor's." Everyone will get to enjoy that.

Will the new Jumbotron be louder? I can barely hear the current one.

images