• The KillerFrogs

Another update

This is one for the books

Over the weekend, I lost my hearing.

I can hear sounds but they sound tinny and electronic. Its difficult to understand what someone tells me unless I can see them speak and then I have try to reconstruct what they are telling me.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the new tumor but good Lord why me? Who did I piss off?
Geez, my heart goes out to you, Wes...What Moose said.

LisaLT

It is true that certain chemos can cause tinnitus and other hearing related problems. I know the platinum based drugs have this side effect for some patients.

Let’s hope it is temporary and will come back with a change in meds or other treatment option. I’m sorry. It must be really frustrating to deal with.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
It is true that certain chemos can cause tinnitus and other hearing related problems. I know the platinum based drugs have this side effect for some patients.

Let’s hope it is temporary and will come back with a change in meds or other treatment option. I’m sorry. It must be really frustrating to deal with.
It is frustrating but I am getting used to it. Watching TV is impossible, though. Its just rumbling and static

Brog

It is frustrating but I am getting used to it. Watching TV is impossible, though. Its just rumbling and static

Wes, sure takes getting used to, but I've done it, with pretty severe hearing loss. Use the Closed Caption setting and you can follow along most stories pretty good. Beats nothing all to hell.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Wes, sure takes getting used to, but I've done it, with pretty severe hearing loss. Use the Closed Caption setting and you can follow along most stories pretty good. Beats nothing all to hell.
I'll try that. Great suggestion!!