• The KillerFrogs

TCU hater, Kansas but really UT [ Finebaum ] Big Steaming Pile: Jamie Dixon should at least consider UCLA HC job

TooColdU

UCLA's seating capacity is approximately 13,800.

February home games for the Bruins...

2/6 (Thurs) vs Colorado -- 6,983 (51% full)

2/9 (Sat) vs Utah. -- 7, 268 (53%)

2/21 (Thurs) vs Oregon St. -- 6,944 (50%)

2/23 (Sat) vs Oregon -- 10,588 (77%)

2/28 (Thurs) vs USC -- 12,427 (90%)

Last edited:

Deep Purple

Size. TCU has 8,000 students
TCU has 11,000 students. The last time TCU had 8,000 students was 2001, so you're almost 20 years behind the times. I don't understand why guys like you always post such outdated numbers when the current numbers are readily available on the TCU website. It's not like it takes a major Google research effort to get the real numbers.

Wolf, Wolf, Wolf !!!!!!!

So he finally wrote a decent article in your opinion.

Here is my take.

Why don't TCU fans so up like Iowa State fans at home games?

Scheduling. TCU has gotten the worst times possible for home games with the exception of the Kansas game and when the TCU fan base showed up en masse.

Numbers. Teams like Tech compete with nothing in Lubbock, a ten minute commute from their managerial position at Wal-Mart, and Tech gives out student admission slots like Cheez-Its at the Bowl Game in Phoenix.

Competition. TCU is in Fort Worth and not Aimes, Lubbock, Waco, Manhattan, Lawrence, Stillwater, Norman, or even Austin (with its enrollment of ten million or whatever). TCU's fan base is stretched between work, baseball, social commitments, other professional sporting events, etc. Lubbock does not have to deal with this issue because it does not exist on the Caprock.

Size. TCU has 8,000 students and approximately 40,000 alumns in the DFW area. TCU students actually want to make good grades and need to study (I wish they would come to our basketball and baseball games, but they don't come in droves). TCU alumni face rush hour traffic from cross town (It takes me an hour to an hour and 1/2 from Dallas) for a Monday night game. Muck Face drives less than 15 minutes from his mother's house where he lives in the basement and writes these articles putting TCU down.

Football. TCU is a football school. My Dad played basketball for the Frogs and I wish it was not true, but it is.

Maybe it will change with winning more games. But losing so many players in season this year hurt the program.

Muck should write about how many fans, including myself, did show up last night despite the DFW traffic, 8:00 start (which is late for kids with school on Tuesday), and cheered when the 7 remaining healthy Frogs tried to rally back.

That would be a great article from the Man who keeps writing about the non-existent wolf at the door.
Excuses, excuses, excuses!!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Students are a fickle bunch, especially so when there isn't an existing culture of strong support. They may show up for the Big Game, but dwindling hopes and crushing injuries tend to wipe out whatever nascent culture there was. Next year will be starting over again from square one.

Billy Clyde

Students are a fickle bunch, especially so when there isn't an existing culture of strong support. They may show up for the Big Game, but dwindling hopes and crushing injuries tend to wipe out whatever nascent culture there was. Next year will be starting over again from square one.

^^^
I, ummmm *studied* at TCU during the Killer Frogs era. (Jamie was a classmate). Students were so amped about the basketball that there was big upset because there were more students attending games than student seating allotted(even though student seating section was seemingly half the arena back then). It was SRO for home games, and electric.
At the same time, Walking Death had so gutted the foozhbaugh that at one Homecoming game, when the band went on the field the attendance dropped by 50%. I'm sure Jamie remembers all that, and knows that it will turn around when he gets the program to a high level.
Also agree with many of the "excuses" listed prior... I'm not keeping my kids or myself out til 11 pm on a school night, unless it's something extraordinary, and even then maybe once a year. I'd make more games if they made it easier to attend.

4 Oaks Frog

I'm at a loss to think of who else he suggested should/would leave. Certainly thinks Patterson is here for life. I don't recall him telling Schloss to go elsewhere.

I call out Mac when he writes crap, and I compliment him when he writes good stuff. I refuse to post knee-jerk reactions based on a headline without reading the article.

I don’t have to worry if Muck writes “good stuff” or crap. If the article is by him, or any other jack working for that sorry excuse for a newspaper, I skip it, disregard it, in general ignore it. Why wade through waste deep crap looking for a gem? That organization is dead, and should just lay down. So, Did Not Read, Will Not Read and that is my highly educated prerogative...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

froginmn

But no, it’s far easier to just read a headline and make a judgment based on a tiny amount of information instead of actually reading something.

And some of you consider yourselves educated. What an embarrassment.
The easy part is reading the byline and knowing that the author's work is historically garbage so there is no reason to go further. That's how you define educated.

It would be an embarrassment if I knew the author was a hack and I still read his tripe.

Casey T

I'm at a loss to think of who else he suggested should/would leave. Certainly thinks Patterson is here for life. I don't recall him telling Schloss to go elsewhere.

I call out Mac when he writes crap, and I compliment him when he writes good stuff. I refuse to post knee-jerk reactions based on a headline without reading the article.

Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly but I thought he wrote similar articles about how GP should consider going to UT and about how Schloss should consider going to Miss St

The easy part is reading the byline and knowing that the author's work is historically garbage so there is no reason to go further. That's how you define educated.

It would be an embarrassment if I knew the author was a hack and I still read his tripe.
Really? So not reading is now “educated,” and actually reading to find out content is “embarrassing”?

Wow. Good luck!