• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Patterson concerned with Frogs' linebacker depth

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Patterson concerned with Frogs' linebacker depth

By Jeremy Clark

Prior to the beginning of spring camp, there were plenty of questions on the minds of media and fans around TCU football and how they would bounce back from a 7-6 season a year ago.

The Frogs have a bulk of their roster returning, which is very good news at some positions. At other positions including quarterback, there are huge questions marks. Aside from quarterback being the biggest question, linebacker is easily a close second and for good reason.

The Frogs have to find a way to replace four players from last year’s roster; Ty Summers, Arico Evans, Jawuan Johnson and Alec Dunham.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/Patterson-concerned-with-Frogs-linebacker-depth-129751246/

Eight

I'm thinking that if you are short linebackers, you should recruit some rather than trying to convert lightweight safeties every year.

4 on campus now with one missing spring, 3 on the way in june and should be ready for fall camp in august.

the challenge of losing 4 seniors at a position that has historically be thin in overall numbers.

curious, does anyone know why ben wilson isn't going through spring?

Purp

I'm thinking that if you are short linebackers, you should recruit some rather than trying to convert lightweight safeties every year.
I'm not sure why. Those safety to LB guys have a pretty strong history in GP's defense. If CGP wants to convert a player I'll support that every day of the week. He's done it too many time with amazing results.

y2kFrog

I'm not sure why. Those safety to LB guys have a pretty strong history in GP's defense. If CGP wants to convert a player I'll support that every day of the week. He's done it too many time with amazing results.

He’s been doing it since Brian Urlacher.

Fortress Frog

Way too many missing Spring camp ... again.

I’m honestly not surprised. It’s like this every year. HCGP appears to hold an above average # of players out as more precautionary than anthything. Sometimes it’s just a minor injury that a player could still play with if it was the middle of the season. Or just allowing them to recover from overall wear and tear from the previous season.

He’s even commented that he utilizes spring more as a tool to develop younger players.

Now when bunches of guys are sitting out fall camp, like last year, then I start getting worried.

Froggish

4 on campus now with one missing spring, 3 on the way in june and should be ready for fall camp in august.

the challenge of losing 4 seniors at a position that has historically be thin in overall numbers.

curious, does anyone know why ben wilson isn't going through spring?
Was wondering the same thing about Ben Wilson. He needs the reps so it’s highly doubtful he’s precautionary