• The KillerFrogs

Update 2/28/2019

HFrog1999

Things have leveled out a bit since I started on the drug Lomustine

Nausea has been non-existent but fatigue is still my nemesis. I’m tired all the time

My blood counts are good but doc expects they will drop in the next week or so. Lomustine can and usually does lower platelet counts and she said that normally happens at the 3 or 4 week mark, after the start of the drug. March 1 would be the 3 week mark.

If they drop below a certain level then I’ll need a transfusion to bring them up. Hopefully it won’t come to that.

Another concern is scarring of lung tissue but I had a pulmonary function test yesterday and it went fine. No problems thus far.

MD Anderson is still an option but we'll take a look and see what this new tumor is doing after my next MRI in 2 weeks.

Last week I was experiencing headaches multiple times per day. Some were just a nuisance but others were pretty nasty. She put me back on steroids which seems to have done the trick. Don't think she will keep me on them for long

Other than being tired, I am doing fine.

Thanks for all of your love and support and it has helped me make it this far

NEGU

Sorry you’re having to go through this. I pray that your treatments go well and you have many good days ahead. Hopefully TCU baseball and the silliness around here will provide welcome distractions for you.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
They are great distractions for me

Thanks for the kind words.

Treatments are going as expected but I am just happy the headaches are gone. Last week wasn't fun at all

ShreveFrog

I take your post as good news. So I'm glad.

It could be any of us. I wish it wasn't you. But cancer damn sure picked a tough one. NEGU! We love you!

Sand Frog

Hate you are going thru this. Like others said, I never know what to say. Keep up the good fight, and kick it's azz! In our prayers here in Colleyville.