• The KillerFrogs

Duggan's dad steps down as coach

WhatTheFrog

Is this gonna be a helicopter parent? Hard to tell from the article. I hope Max won't be a "transfer portal" candidate in a year or two.

Last edited:

Jackson

Exactly what most fathers would do if they held the same hand. His son is an extension of him and together they’ll enjoy Max’s very successful QB career at TCU. If you were coaching HS FB 500 miles from the University where your son is the STAR QB would you want to be there with your family to see him play. I wouldn’t miss a single snap! Daddy Duggan likely see it the same way

TRF51

Most high school games are on Friday, at least around here, which would allow him to watch the games. Seems kind of early to me, you would think he would wait until his son is a starter.

Brog

Most high school games are on Friday, at least around here, which would allow him to watch the games. Seems kind of early to me, you would think he would wait until his son is a starter.

And it's only 653 miles from there to here, so he could leave after the Friday night game and get here in plenty of time for the kickoff, easy. Right? Yeah.

CountryFrog

Maybe he also wants to be close to his son for normal life things and not just football?

MTfrog5

And Saturday starts the next weeks schedule. He wouldn’t be able to make it to a game until after the season was over as a head coach

Mean Purple

Is this gonna be a helicopter parent? Hard to tell from the article. I hope Max won't be a "transfer portal" candidate in a year or two.
Doubt it. He is the age when a lot of teacher/coaches move on. And his kid is playing college and he wants to see that. 30 some odd years as a coach/teacher is a long career.

Eight

Doubt it. He is the age when a lot of teacher/coaches move on. And his kid is playing college and he wants to see that. 30 some odd years as a coach/teacher is a long career.

key point, i would bet as with many teacher and civil service retirement plans maximum benefit accrual is reached between 55 and 60 to encourage older employees to leave and open space for the hiring of younger employees.

WhatTheFrog

I hope you're right. I'd love to see Max live up to the hype and be a long time player for TCU, even if he has to wait a year or two. Maybe he comes in and wins the starting job off the bat, who knows?