• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

MTfrog5

So I look up from my ipad and my wife is watching Food Network (shocker!). Valerie Bertonelli from One Day at a Time (also EVH’s ex) is now hosting a reality cooking competition show with ten-year-old contestants. This is just absurd. How can people possibly care enough to sustain this show? And what is a “blast chiller” and how does a 4th grader know how to use it?
Wife loves that show. Pisses me off that I suck at cooking and these kids are making [ Finebaum ] I’ve never heard of

tcudoc

I don’t know what any of these words mean
Valerie Bertinelli was the young star of the hit sit com One Day at a Time from the late 70's. She was popular with the young guys and eventually married Eddie Van Halen, the greatest guitar player of all time and likely a huge d-bag and heroin addict. They were in an on again off again relationship for many years but eventually divorced. She was out of the limelight except for a few made for TV movies. She made a comeback a few years ago as a spokesperson for a weight loss program (Nutrisystem maybe??) and landed a role in a sitcom called Hot in Cleveland about 4 women. Kind of a younger version of Golden Girls. I watched a few episodes and didn't hate it, but it was not great. Now, apparently, she is doing a cooking show. That was news to me.

Hope that helps. I think she may have been the first TV star I can recall having a crush on as a kid.

Frog-in-law1995

Valerie Bertinelli was the young star of the hit sit com One Day at a Time from the late 70's. She was popular with the young guys and eventually married Eddie Van Halen, the greatest guitar player of all time and likely a huge d-bag and heroin addict. They were in an on again off again relationship for many years but eventually divorced. She was out of the limelight except for a few made for TV movies. She made a comeback a few years ago as a spokesperson for a weight loss program (Nutrisystem maybe??) and landed a role in a sitcom called Hot in Cleveland about 4 women. Kind of a younger version of Golden Girls. I watched a few episodes and didn't hate it, but it was not great. Now, apparently, she is doing a cooking show. That was news to me.

Hope that helps. I think she may have been the first TV star I can recall having a crush on as a kid.

This, though I suspect Ron is good enough at the google to have figured this out already and was just taking the opportunity to point out our age difference. Ron can kiss my grits.

HFrog1999

This, though I suspect Ron is good enough at the google to have figured this out already and was just taking the opportunity to point out our age difference. Ron can kiss my grits.

eebcaeb54d6e2926350aec6d2870b3fb.jpg

Mean Purple

So I look up from my ipad and my wife is watching Food Network (shocker!). Valerie Bertonelli from One Day at a Time (also EVH’s ex) is now hosting a reality cooking competition show with ten-year-old contestants. This is just absurd. How can people possibly care enough to sustain this channel? And what is a “blast chiller” and how does a 4th grader know how to use it?

fify

HFrog1999

2eca15e67c778eba5fc11ba0a10ac811

My first TV crush was Daisy Duke

ImmaterialDishonestAtlanticbluetang-small.gif

Frog-in-law1995

I guess my earliest crushes were all around 1982/83, when I was in 4th grade or so. Daisy Duke and Erin Gray from Buck Rogers were easily top 5. Both pretty outstanding. And just because there’s something slightly (ok, moderately) wrong with me, also Kristy McNichol in The Pirate Movie. But honestly, if you’re between 45 and 50, and Wonder Woman and Princess Leia in the gold bikini aren’t two of the first things that come to mind, I don’t think we can be friends.

PO Frog

I guess my earliest crushes were all around 1982/83, when I was in 4th grade or so. Daisy Duke and Erin Gray from Buck Rogers were easily top 5. Both pretty outstanding. And just because there’s something slightly (ok, moderately) wrong with me, also Kristy McNichol in The Pirate Movie. But honestly, if you’re between 45 and 50, and Wonder Woman and Princess Leia in the gold bikini aren’t two of the first things that come to mind, I don’t think we can be friends.
Kristy Mcnichol from the Pirate movie was real high on my list too, and I can’t figure out why. Did she get nekked in that or something? Erin gray from silver Spoons is who I assume who you meant to refer to.

JugbandFrog

Olivia D’Abo.