• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU needs to get back on track v Oklahoma St; what’s the latest on Kouat Noi? / Game Thread

Francis Xav

I mean...truth be told, barlow is usess rn. And playing with 6 guys is hard. This season unless we beat isu again, has to end. And we need to hope we dont lose more players and recruit like our hairs on fire. God I hope bane doesnt leave for draft. If that happens, uh oh

Pharm Frog

I mean...truth be told, barlow is usess rn. And playing with 6 guys is hard. This season unless we beat isu again, has to end. And we need to hope we dont lose more players and recruit like our hairs on fire. God I hope bane doesnt leave for draft. If that happens, uh oh

Is Bane draft worthy? I would be surprised but I don’t follow that NBA crap at all so I have no idea what they are looking for.

TRF51

Is Bane draft worthy? I would be surprised but I don’t follow that NBA crap at all so I have no idea what they are looking for.

I think Bane could one day play in the league but I don’t think he would be a guy that would or should leave early. I think Noi would be the one the scouts would like more.

netty2424

I don't see how anyone can be upset. This team has no depth and is running on fumes. Too many guys quit and/or got hurt.

Although I have zero interest in the NIT this time around. It was different in 2017 but blah.
In fairness, we got beat by a team who had open tryouts.....3 weeks ago........ for students because they didn’t have enough guys to practice 5 on 5.

There’s simply no excuse for this loss.

As a side, we will have an opportunity to tie Penn St for the most NIT championships in the last 10 years. That would be 2 if anyone’s counting.

CountryFrog

They're playing hard, there just aren't enough of them and there certainly aren't enough of them who can consistently make shots. The lack of depth is no doubt hurting the defense too. Early in the year we were swarming on the perimeter with tons of ball pressure and disrupting passing lanes. Now we just sit back, watch the other team execute whatever they want and hope they miss. Then maybe get a rebound if the ball bounces our way.

CountryFrog

In fairness, we got beat by a team who had open tryouts.....3 weeks ago........ for students because they didn’t have enough guys to practice 5 on 5.

As a side, we will have an opportunity to tie Penn St for the most NIT championships in the last 10 years. That would be 2 if anyone’s counting.
We don't even have enough guys to practice 4 on 4.

DickBumpastache

You don't have anything to worry about. Bane is not in ESPN's Top 100, and I doubt he's anywhere near cracking the list. It would take some monumentally bad advice for him to even consider declaring, and after he did that, he probably wouldn't hire an agent and would end up coming back anyway.

netty2424

We don't even have enough guys to practice 4 on 4.
That’s the point. Did you read his post? He said this team has no depth.

OSU has less depth. They kept 3 additional walk ons from that tryout, per the broadcast.

Therefore we got beat by a team with less depth. Not an excuse this week.

PurpleBlood87

This team can't win the NIT.

netty2424

You don't have anything to worry about. Bane is not in ESPN's Top 100, and I doubt he's anywhere near cracking the list. It would take some monumentally bad advice for him to even consider declaring, and after he did that, he probably wouldn't hire an agent and would end up coming back anyway.
Agree.

Bane will have to land in a Golden St run and gun type situation. Offensive efficiency at every position, up and down, and spot up.

CountryFrog

That’s the point. Did you read his post? He said this team has no depth.

OSU has less depth. They kept 3 additional walk ons from that tryout, per the broadcast.

Therefore we got beat by a team with less depth. Not an excuse this week.
So we have no depth and OSU has less than that?

Regardless of depth, they still have their two 3 point shooters. If Fisher and Noi were healthy and on the floor for us but Miller and RJ were injured then we still have no depth but probably win this game by 10+.

PurpleBlood87

I don’t know. Get us in and see what happens.

There’s a fairly significant drop off in the NIT. We’ll have as good of a shot as any if we don’t lose anyone else.

The teams in the NIT will be significantly better than OU and OSU. Well OU will probably be in the NIT.

netty2424

So we have no depth and OSU has less than that?

Regardless of depth, they still have their two 3 point shooters. If Fisher and Noi were healthy and on the floor for us but Miller and RJ were injured then we still have no depth but probably win this game by 10+.
I must have missed the announcement about our walk on tryout last month.

And it would’ve been kick ass to roll out Kurt Thomas tonight too, but you gotta roll with what you have. Adding variables to the woulda shoulda’s are just excuses in the end.

PO Frog

Lol on leaving for the draft