• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Mean Purple

Getting Back on Track for Moose's RECRUITING thread?

Yet another useless question from me.

@Moose Stuff , @Eight ,
I have been swamped on some items so I likely missed y'all's take. What is your overall view of the recruiting class we signed this year?
I am of the mind that Coaches got what the team needed. With our staff's ability to develop players, seems like we did really well. (I tend to avoid going by recruiting service rankings)

Moose Stuff

@Moose Stuff , @Eight ,
I have been swamped on some items so I likely missed y'all's take. What is your overall view of the recruiting class we signed this year?
I am of the mind that Coaches got what the team needed. With our staff's ability to develop players, seems like we did really well. (I tend to avoid going by recruiting service rankings)

VERY well rounded and with some potential star power at QB/RB. Arguably our best class under Patterson IMO (not sure how much that’s worth).

Eight

@Moose Stuff , @Eight ,

i like the class and think on paper it looks to be as deep and potentially talented class as patterson has signed at tcu

think there are a number of prospects who have been overlooked and underrated starting with the 2 offensive tackles, foster, mccuin, and i think the linebackers are very athletic.

agree with moose that the backs and quarterback could become something special.

do think when you take this class and add the two grad transfers it really addresses needs on this roster for next year and beyond. only area i wish they had picked up an experienced player was interior offensive line. not because i don't like the young guys on the roster, but the number of young guys on the roster.

finally, think there is a great deal of speed and athletic ability projecting to the back 7 on defense which is good especially when you look at the classes of ou and texas.

Last edited:

asleep003

Our OL will have experience at every position. If someone can come up and take one of those spots away from those returning starters, then we'll be that much better. There are 1or 2 positions where that could happen. Would actually like to see all the OL be pushed really hard for starting spots.