• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Chico Dusty

So much this. The FDA approves drugs that are terrible for us all the time. But eastern medicine, etc is laughed at. There’s a happy medium but it isn’t coming from profit motivated corporations (generally) and (generally) corrupt bureaucrats.

Totally - it’s insane the drugs these docs are writing scripts for and the ppl thinking that just because it came from a doc it’s okay. I took adderall for 3 years in my 20s. I didn’t need it - didn’t have add, etc. I took it for the biz edge, similar to a baseball player taking steroids. Stuff is legal speed. Total chaos. And then ppl get hopped on that and need a chill out and start taking Xanax, which is incredibley addicting and a dangerous benzo. All this at a simple request for 5 mins in the doc. And ppl are complaining about weed. And finally I took a prescription medication for 3 days - 3 tiny pills and was in the hospital for 3 months and lost a year of not working and out 6 figures. Zero recourse from the doc or drug company. Not that I looked for it, as I just happy to be healthy, but....Crazy times indeed.

HFrog1999

Totally - it’s insane the drugs these docs are writing scripts for and the ppl thinking that just because it came from a doc it’s okay. I took adderall for 3 years in my 20s. I didn’t need it - didn’t have add, etc. I took it for the biz edge, similar to a baseball player taking steroids. Stuff is legal speed. Total chaos. And then ppl get hopped on that and need a chill out and start taking Xanax, which is incredibley addicting and a dangerous benzo. All this at a simple request for 5 mins in the doc. And ppl are complaining about weed. And finally I took a prescription medication for 3 days - 3 tiny pills and was in the hospital for 3 months and lost a year of not working and out 6 figures. Zero recourse from the doc or drug company. Not that I looked for it, as I just happy to be healthy, but....Crazy times indeed.

I used to take Ephedrine when it was legal

d7c.gif

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I remember as a kid my mom gave me a spoon of paregoric liquid for upset tummy in the 60’s. Fast forward to the 90’s and I walked into Walgreens trying to buy that.

Nope dope.

How did I know it was liquid opium?!

Peacefrog

Degenerate
My brother had a bad tooth. Had to take anti-biotics. He ended up so sick 6 months later he almost had to have half his colon removed. He was told yeah but imagine what would have happened without the antibiotic. Doesn’t seem like a good trade off.

I took an AB once that I was told I would be at high risk for my Achilles’ tendon randomly snapping. There has to better options.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
My brother had a bad tooth. Had to take anti-biotics. He ended up so sick 6 months later he almost had to have half his colon removed. He was told yeah but imagine what would have happened without the antibiotic. Doesn’t seem like a good trade off.

I took an AB once that I was told I would be at high risk for my Achilles’ tendon randomly snapping. There has to better options.
I do believe they are working on next gen antibiotics.

If I take amoxicillin again I'm going to die.

JugbandFrog

Haha. Also, I was very much unaware there were any 22s stationed here. Thinking of 35s? And I think they call it a full bird, as opposed to a Lt. Colonel.

Those are the notes I've gotten.
The chic I live with is a full bird colonel. She is a bad ass. Purple hearts, bronze stars, she commanded US Army South for a year or so.

netty2424

C-Diff?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Good thoughts. I suppose some of this falls under potential civil law too, if someone sells you a treatment which results in damages
Reminds me of a case many years ago against a chiropractor who claimed his "adjustments" could cure diabetes. There were damages, and he lost in court.