• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Had a crew come out today to clean my dryer vent duct.

One of the workers went up into the attic to inspect the ductwork...and promptly put his leg through the ceiling of one of my bedrooms.

Standing by for call from company to do the repairs (sheetrock, texturing, painting).

Old people get phormered, too.

Purp

Fair question. Depends on your lifestyle. If you've never tried it and don't want to, there really is no big deal to you. But imagine if the tables were turned and someone took your whiskey or beer away and threw you in jail for simply wanting to take the edge off..

Heres what I mean. Since you never used you can't know this personally, but I vouch that, responsibly used (key phrase) at home, MJ is no worse than alcohol. You're in as much or more mental/physical control than alcohol, and don't have the hangover afterwards. In fact I can bring up limited MJ studies and more copious studies on alcohol that suggest the long term health effects are as bad or worse with the legal substance. We know alcohol to be a killer longterm to multiple organ systems. We KNOW this, yet we keep it legal and even socially encouraged.

Alcohol is our frontline self-medication substance when it comes to stress relief. Benzodiazepines I believe are still our frontline prescription solution. Both are extremely addictive and if you are heavily addicted you may have to be hospitalized to come off of either. Both are processed products not really found in nature unless you're rooting through rotting fruit bins. These are two factors which are not major issues associated with MJ.

So in essence, if I pick my equivalent mild intoxicant off a plant I grew myself and controlled the quality of, then I'm a criminal. But if I trust the Bud Light King to brew from grains in some massive factory and drink his swill, I'm socially accepted, dilly dilly.

It's complete nonsense, it's historically rooted in politics and racism, and it's time we as a society stopped being ignorant about it. And look at that, I made a case and didn't even bring up millions in new taxes for a substance already being consumed (with few noticed societal issues) in Texas by hundreds of thousands if not millions of people.
At least his swill isn't brewed with corn syrup...

DeuceBoogieNights

As an "old", I'm not scared of it. In fact, those of us who were teens in the '70's probably have more experience with it than you youngsters. If it were legal and someone I trusted passed me a joint, I might take a hit. However. it's still smoking and negatively impacts your lungs, so smokers beware.

(I've heard tell :rolleyes: that getting high and watching Disney's "Fantasia" makes for a fun evening.)

You don't have to smoke it anymore just fyi

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
As an "old", I'm not scared of it. In fact, those of us who were teens in the '70's probably have more experience with it than you youngsters. If it were legal and someone I trusted passed me a joint, I might take a hit. However. it's still smoking and negatively impacts your lungs, so smokers beware.

(I've heard tell :rolleyes: that getting high and watching Disney's "Fantasia" makes for a fun evening.)
Quilter (nka Smokey) got blazed!

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Need to see the bow wrapped around your waste to be convinced.

When one word can make a big difference in meaning...

il_340x270.1408971011_pwxe.jpg

Purp

When one word can make a big difference in meaning...

il_340x270.1408971011_pwxe.jpg
What's nuts (pun intended) is I spelled it correctly and my phone corrected it to the wrong spelling. Then I corrected it and assumed it was good. Must have changed back before I noticed it. Autocorrect sucks.

Purp

Looks like Tacoma it is. Virginia job offer was a lot less and philly was a bit better but not much. Thanks for the advice and suggestions.
I realize Collin County sucks, but the PNW seems like a drastic escape plan. Plus, it's hard to attend TCU football and baseball games from there.