• The KillerFrogs

Update 1/31/2019

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The folks at M.D. Anderson managed to fix my Dad, in addition to numerous other folks of my acquaintance. They're good folks, and very good at what they do. Have confidence in what they are proposing.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
The folks at M.D. Anderson managed to fix my Dad, in addition to numerous other folks of my acquaintance. They're good folks, and very good at what they do. Have confidence in what they are proposing.
Thank you

I have no problem with Indy Anderson at all. The problem is that they are not in my insurance plans network, which is a bit of a problem but I was approved for one visit and my doctors it Is appealing to them for an additional visit.

One visit is insane and that's all the insurance company will allow, then why even bother?

We'll get it ironed out.

In the meantime I'm going in to pick up my chemotherapy tomorrow and will probably start tomorrow night. Speaking of insurance how crazy is this?

I can pick up my pills tomorrow and the cost is less than $50, which is great.

However, if they went to the IV form of this drug, my out-of-pocket expense would be about $500. Same drug but different form.

Even my doctor was aghast at that one. But, i'll do whatever takes the fight this battle.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Here ismy latest update for you… Yesterday I met with my oncologist and we'll start new regimen of chemotherapy next week. The drug is called Lomustine and it will either be a pill or given to me intravenously. The pill is taken once every six weeks and if we go the IV route, it will be the same cycle. Either way, it will be like swallowing plutonium or injecting plutonium into my veins. Side effects are much the same is other drug, Temodar, gave me. Nausea, fatigue, constipation, etc. are common. However, with the new drug it could potentially cause scarring of the lung tissue as well as, mouth sores and a few other minor Side effects. The one thing that we have to constantly monitor is my red blood or platelet Count. The doctor virtually assured me that not only could this drug have this effect, but that it probably would. So as a result, I will have frequent blood tests and if those counts drop below a certain level then I will have to have a blood transfusion to Bring them back up.I asked her about surgery and she said the surgery was not an option for me, at least not at this point and probably never. That's fine with me one brain surgery in a lifetime is enough.
With respect my proposed visit to MD Anderson, my insurance approved me for one visit, which is hardly worth the effort as that would be for evaluation only. An appeal has been made to extend that to at least a couple of visits so that a treatment plan can be developed and implemented. However, since these tumors are aggressive and grow quickly, she does not want to wait around Allow them the opportunity to grow even larger. There is a sense of urgency because the fuse has been lit and is rapidly burning. So it's better to be on something and taking some action rather than sit around and wait for the insurance company to act.

Last edited:

Frog DJ

Wes - The folks at MD Anderson are absolutely the best, and if anybody can turn it around for you it's them.

Just know that you're always in our thoughts and prayers, and God will always be right there by your side, every step of the way.

Go Frogs!

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Wes - The folks at MD Anderson are absolutely the best, and if anybody can turn it around for you it's them.

Just know that you're always in our thoughts and prayers, and God will always be right there by your side, every step of the way.

Go Frogs!
Thank you sir

MDA has been great but at the moment, my insurance company is the holdup. They only approved one visit and as my doc said “ how in the hell can my partipation in a clinical trial be evaluated, prescribed and implemented in one visit? It can’t be

Another oddity, they approved the new chemo drug in both pill and IV form. However, one cycle of the pill will only cost me $50.00. The IV form ( same drug) is $500.00

Go figure

Last edited:

notyalc

Wes, you are an impressive person. I admire you greatly. You are teaching important lessons. Gods love to you my friend.

netty2424

Here's my latest update for you… Yesterday I met with my oncologist and we'll start new regimen of chemotherapy next week. The drug is called Lomustine and it will either be a pill or given to me intravenously. The pill is taken once every six weeks and if we go the IV route, it will be the same cycle. Either way, it will be like swallowing plutonium or injecting plutonium into my veins. Side effects are much the same is other drug, Temodar, gave me. Nausea, fatigue, constipation, etc. are common. However, with the new drug it could potentially cause scarring of the lung tissue as well as, mouth sores and a few other minor Side effects. The one thing that we have to constantly monitor is my red blood or platelet Count. The doctor virtually assured me that not only could this drug have this effect, but that it probably would. So as a result, I will have frequent blood tests and if those counts drop below a certain level then I will have to have a blood transfusion to Bring them back up.I asked her about surgery and she said the surgery was not an option for me, at least not at this point and probably never. That's fine with me one brain surgery in a lifetime is enough.
With respect my proposed visit to MD Anderson, my insurance approved me for one visit, which is hardly worth the effort as that would be for evaluation only. An appeal has been made to extend that to at least a couple of visits so that a treatment plan can be developed and implemented. However, since these tumors are aggressive and grow quickly, she does not want to wait around Allow them the opportunity to grow even larger. There is a sense of urgency because the fuse has been lit and is rapidly burning. So it's better to be on something and taking some action rather than sit around and wait for the insurance company to act.
That's the latest
Thanks everyone
wes
Very disheartening the insurance company is pulling this bull ship. At the end of the day, that’s what it says there for, catastrophic illness/injury.

Did they provide a reason for denial? Or do they even have to?

EDIT just saw the network post.

Hopefully this day is a LONG way off but there will come a day when I won't be able to tell you how much my life is better because of you. So before it's too late I just want you to know it's a privilege to call you a friend and you've been a true blessing in my life. Love it when you ask about my son and can't wait to tell you about him again soon. Fight like hell, brother.

Very disheartening the insurance company is pulling this bull ship. At the end of the day, that’s what it says there for, catastrophic illness/injury.

Did they provide a reason for denial? Or do they even have to?

All this talk about the morality of a damned wall but no one talks about the immorality of how we treat our sick, our infirm and our elderly. Our healthcare system is absolute [ Finebaum ].

AroundWorldFrog

No but I am open to suggestions

I have been reading about the use of B17 and am on the verge of doing that
Seems a little drastic, but it cured Nazism.

images

Good luck!!!