• The KillerFrogs

Update 1/31/2019

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Here's my latest update for you… Yesterday I met with my oncologist and we'll start new regimen of chemotherapy next week. The drug is called Lomustine and it will either be a pill or given to me intravenously. The pill is taken once every six weeks and if we go the IV route, it will be the same cycle. Either way, it will be like swallowing plutonium or injecting plutonium into my veins. Side effects are much the same is other drug, Temodar, gave me. Nausea, fatigue, constipation, etc. are common. However, with the new drug it could potentially cause scarring of the lung tissue as well as, mouth sores and a few other minor Side effects. The one thing that we have to constantly monitor is my red blood or platelet Count. The doctor virtually assured me that not only could this drug have this effect, but that it probably would. So as a result, I will have frequent blood tests and if those counts drop below a certain level then I will have to have a blood transfusion to Bring them back up.I asked her about surgery and she said the surgery was not an option for me, at least not at this point and probably never. That's fine with me one brain surgery in a lifetime is enough.
With respect my proposed visit to MD Anderson, my insurance approved me for one visit, which is hardly worth the effort as that would be for evaluation only. An appeal has been made to extend that to at least a couple of visits so that a treatment plan can be developed and implemented. However, since these tumors are aggressive and grow quickly, she does not want to wait around Allow them the opportunity to grow even larger. There is a sense of urgency because the fuse has been lit and is rapidly burning. So it's better to be on something and taking some action rather than sit around and wait for the insurance company to act.
That's the latest
Thanks everyone
wes

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I really hope this medicine does wonders for you and has no side effects. Keep fighting, we know you are a tough old bird.

Me too, although I am not too crazy about mouth sores or blood transfusions.. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Purp

Here's my latest update for you… Yesterday I met with my oncologist and we'll start new regimen of chemotherapy next week. The drug is called Lomustine and it will either be a pill or given to me intravenously. The pill is taken once every six weeks and if we go the IV route, it will be the same cycle. Either way, it will be like swallowing plutonium or injecting plutonium into my veins. Side effects are much the same is other drug, Temodar, gave me. Nausea, fatigue, constipation, etc. are common. However, with the new drug it could potentially cause scarring of the lung tissue as well as, mouth sores and a few other minor Side effects. The one thing that we have to constantly monitor is my red blood or platelet Count. The doctor virtually assured me that not only could this drug have this effect, but that it probably would. So as a result, I will have frequent blood tests and if those counts drop below a certain level then I will have to have a blood transfusion to Bring them back up.I asked her about surgery and she said the surgery was not an option for me, at least not at this point and probably never. That's fine with me one brain surgery in a lifetime is enough.
With respect my proposed visit to MD Anderson, my insurance approved me for one visit, which is hardly worth the effort as that would be for evaluation only. An appeal has been made to extend that to at least a couple of visits so that a treatment plan can be developed and implemented. However, since these tumors are aggressive and grow quickly, she does not want to wait around Allow them the opportunity to grow even larger. There is a sense of urgency because the fuse has been lit and is rapidly burning. So it's better to be on something and taking some action rather than sit around and wait for the insurance company to act.
That's the latest
Thanks everyone
wes
Keep plugging away Wes. It's worth the fight. Give em hell.

Wes, your will power and strength are an inspiration to all of your Frog family. NEGU! You are being lifted up daily in countless prayers all across America. You and your family are never alone in this.

YA

Good luck Wes. Sorry about insurance doing this to you. Understand that they do this to everyone in Cancer treatment. It is always a battle with insurance companies, but especially more so with your issue as almost everyone is denied service and has to fight tooth and nail to get necessary treatment.

God Bless my friend and you are in my prayers!

frogs9497

Wes- just curious if you’re fighting the insurance company yourself or someone is doing it on your behalf. There are firms that (for a fee) will advocate for the insured, and they are adept and nuanced as to how they go about it. These are not law firms, per se, but companies staffed with people who are experienced in dealing with health insurers.

As a benefit, my employer pays a firm to represent employees in disputes with our health insurer. Employees who’ve used it have been very happy with the service.

FrogAbroad

NEGU, my friend...
15BAUUVPR1XCMPMNSSHK_is

HFrog1999

That's the latest
Thanks everyone
wes

Hang in there’s