• The KillerFrogs

Did you stand the first six minutes?

4 Oaks Frog

Our crazy "tradition" of standing until the opponent hit its first basket got tested today. It was just over six minutes in the game before Florida hit its first basket....and then, loud cheers went up from the people there. When the Gators rallied late, even tied the game, those cheering for their first basket had to do a little wondering. Is this really a good Frog tradition, do you think? Six minutes into the game?
What do you mean, there was a huge cheer! From the Frog fans? Well if so, that’s a shame. There should have been a big BOOOOO!!!
Not a bad tradition. Just a lousy reaction!
I think it would be cool if we had to stand the entire game...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!!

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Our crazy "tradition" of standing until the opponent hit its first basket got tested today. It was just over six minutes in the game before Florida hit its first basket....and then, loud cheers went up from the people there. When the Gators rallied late, even tied the game, those cheering for their first basket had to do a little wondering. Is this really a good Frog tradition, do you think? Six minutes into the game?
This is why I left.

SuperTFrog

There was not a single person standing in the high price seats behind the folding chair people. There was not a single person standing in the folding chair section,. In section 201, there was ONE person standing.
That is a lie. I was sitting in the second row in those high priced seats (second row from the floor) and stood the entire time. There were some younger guys on the other side who stood as well. There weren’t a ton of us down low, but don’t say “not a single person” unless it is true.

Go Frogs!

tcumaniac

I stood. I like that they are trying to improve the home court advantage. Guy behind me was a gator fan with a walker, so without prompting, I switched seats with my 3yr old so that I was not standing directly in front of him. But I dispise the typical fan who expects everyone to sit the whole time.
My season tickets are in 204 and the two seats behind my wife and me is an elderly couple that has to be in their 70s. They’re always there and love the frogs, but never stand up. I’ve never been told by them to sit down, but I always feel really uncomfortable when I do stand, bc I know they’re not standing and certainly can’t see when I do. And to make it worse, the two people in front of me never stand either, so I feel even more guilty bc there’s not a real excuse for standing other than I love to stand and cheer and get really into the game, but I often find myself deciding to just stay seated so they can see, despite how bad I want to stand at times. It really is quite the internal dilemma.

Last edited:

Froglaw

Yes.

Not too bad of an idea. Keeps everyone in the game to start.

Froglaw

Yes.

Not too bad of an idea. Keeps everyone in the game to start.

My season tickets are in 204 and the two seats behind my wife and me is an elderly couple that has to be in their 70s. They’re always there and love the frogs, but never stand up. I’ve never been told by them to sit down, but I always feel really uncomfortable when I do stand, bc I know they’re not standing and certainly can’t see when I do. And to make it worse, the two people in front of me never stand either, so I feel even more guilty bc there’s not a real excuse for standing other than I love to stand and cheer and get really into the game, but I often find myself deciding to just stay sitting so they can see, despite how bad I want to stand at times. It really is quite the internal dilemma.
Ditto. As I posted elsewhere I am surrounded by really elderly people who have donated tons and tons of money to the University. I’ve never been asked to sit but when I stand I’m always conscious of the fact that they are on rows behind me. I’m not the only one because I’ve discussed it with other younger folks in the section and they feel the same way. Several of them use canes, etc and really cant just pop up and down. For that reason I don’t stand for long periods of time and I try to keep their sight lines open. We are up behind Estridge and you just don’t see a lot of standing there due to older fans and people who don’t want to block their view

tcumaniac

Ditto. As I posted elsewhere I am surrounded by really elderly people who have donated tons and tons of money to the University. I’ve never been asked to sit but when I stand I’m always conscious of the fact that they are on rows behind me. I’m not the only one because I’ve discussed it with other younger folks in the section and they feel the same way. Several of them use canes, etc and really cant just pop up and down. For that reason I don’t stand for long periods of time and I try to keep their sight lines open. We are up behind Estridge and you just don’t see a lot of standing there due to older fans and people who don’t want to block their view
#HumbleBrag ;)

Westsider

My season tickets are in 204 and the two seats behind my wife and me is an elderly couple that has to be in their 70s. They’re always there and love the frogs, but never stand up. I’ve never been told by them to sit down, but I always feel really uncomfortable when I do stand, bc I know they’re not standing and certainly can’t see when I do. And to make it worse, the two people in front of me never stand either, so I feel even more guilty bc there’s not a real excuse for standing other than I love to stand and cheer and get really into the game, but I often find myself deciding to just stay seated so they can see, despite how bad I want to stand at times. It really is quite the internal dilemma.

I commend you sir. Here’s the deal I made with the gen xer that wanted to stand in front of me the whole football game.... I’ll stand with you on third downs and any other important plays and you’ll sit down the rest of the game unless someone else blocks your view. In basketball, I’m up a lot in close games but, say, 6 or 8 points or more let’s sit down until things heat up.

Remember lads, when you stand up for no reason you’re blocking the view of several people, not just the old people right behind you.

Sermon over.

MTfrog5

I commend you sir. Here’s the deal I made with the gen xer that wanted to stand in front of me the whole football game.... I’ll stand with you on third downs and any other important plays and you’ll sit down the rest of the game unless someone else blocks your view. In basketball, I’m up a lot in close games but, say, 6 or 8 points or more let’s sit down until things heat up.

Remember lads, when you stand up for no reason you’re blocking the view of several people, not just the old people right behind you.

Sermon over.
I’m completely ok with this. I’ve had multiple ask me to sit on third downs though or in tight games with our offense trying to score. I’m not one that stands the entire game as I think that is very Aggie for people to stand just to say they stood the entire game