• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

maximilian

Wonder if Mack has stopped to think … those frogs finished 3 times in the top 10 while I was an Aggie and top 5 once, without me. Aggie finished in the top 25 once during the same period and never broke the top 15.

Hmmmm, wonder what my stock would have been as a frog, like Blacklock is doing, while finishing in the top10 his 1st season as a RSFR ... Hmmmmmm, that Karter Johnson kid must be a really smart dude too.

I'm pretty sure Mack has not thought about TCU for a second after his recruitment finished. I'm almost positive he has no idea who Karter is, nor does he care.

Pharm Frog

Found this interesting....

Recruit Bru McCoy leaving USC for Texas

USC early signee Bru McCoy signed a financial aid agreement Friday with Texasto join the Longhorns program, school spokesman John Bianco said. McCoy had entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal Thursday. The prospect ranked No. 27 overall in the 2019 ESPN 300 had signed with USC out of Mater Dei High School (Santa Ana, California) in the early signing period in December and enrolled for classes in January.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...signs-financial-aid-agreement-texas-longhorns

netty2424

I'm pretty sure Mack has not thought about TCU for a second after his recruitment finished. I'm almost positive he has no idea who Karter is, nor does he care.
Yah I’m pretty sure he’s fine with how things ended up for him. Playing in the senior bowl with a pretty good shot at the league. TCU is an after thought for him.

notyalc

Found this interesting....

Recruit Bru McCoy leaving USC for Texas

USC early signee Bru McCoy signed a financial aid agreement Friday with Texasto join the Longhorns program, school spokesman John Bianco said. McCoy had entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal Thursday. The prospect ranked No. 27 overall in the 2019 ESPN 300 had signed with USC out of Mater Dei High School (Santa Ana, California) in the early signing period in December and enrolled for classes in January.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...signs-financial-aid-agreement-texas-longhorns

Was on the USC forum and I guess they have a huge mess on their hands. A number of players jumping ship and a lot of unhappy people.

CryptoMiner

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC

Fast-rising Husker OLB target Jordan looking for 'that good family feel'

“I’m looking for somewhere that has good culture and has that good family feel,” Jordan said.

He’ll be the only official visitor in town this weekend, so he will have the coaching staff’s full attention.

If all the new offers weren’t impressive enough, the recruiting service 247Sports recently bumped him to four-star status, pegging him as the No. 192 overall player in the country for the 2019 cycle.

“I think the relationship with Nebraska is stronger than most,” Jordan said. “If there’s any other team … close to Nebraska, it’s TCU. The relationship with Nebraska and TCU are probably the strongest just because of how close they are with the family and everything else.”

Wexahu

We’ll see how loose ncaa waivers are with this one....

He’s leaving because an assistant coach has left the program. NOT a head coach.

A major slippery slope IMO. Let him leave without skipping a year and basically the floodgates are open for any kid that early enrolls to decide he’d like to go somewhere else. An assistant coach leaving isn’t close to a good enough reason to let him walk. Personally I don’t even think a head coach leaving is, but I know an assistant coach isn’t.

Last edited:

stbrab

A major slippery slope IMO. Let him leave without skipping a year and basically the floodgates are open for any kid that early enrolls to decide her like to go somewhere else. An assistant coach leaving isn’t close to a good enough reason to let him walk. Personally I don’t even think a head coach leaving is, but I know an assistant coach isn’t.
I agree, but it is a flaw in the early signing period that the NCAA may not have given enough consideration to. It will be interesting to see how they rule on this one.

Eight

I agree, but it is a flaw in the early signing period that the NCAA may not have given enough consideration to. It will be interesting to see how they rule on this one.

the idea of an assistant or a head coach recruiting a kid up to the point of signing and then leaving the program for another job is nothing new.

texas last year had coaches recruiting who they knew were going to be reassigned, but didn't have replacements in place.

the early signing period has only increased the chances of this happening and i am not sure what the answer other than hold to the transfer rule. kids now can move and they don't have to sign early.

i don't see how the ncaa allows immediately eligibility in this cause or fields at ohio state

Moose Stuff

If they rule he can play right away, then obviously this early signing period is a total sham.

I know we more or less disagreed on this issue previously but I’d be in favor of some sort of NCAA rule that says something like anyone signing early can’t transfer for this reason and be immediately eligible. If it’s something you’re worried about then wait for the second signing day. Kids signing on the second day can leave and be eligible immediately if a HC/coordinator leaves...... something like that. It probably won’t happen.

Would also be nice if there was some window prior to the second signing day where all staff changes (barring unusual circumstances) had to be addressed. That won’t happen either.

Wexahu

I know we more or less disagreed on this issue previously but I’d be in favor of some sort of NCAA rule that says something like anyone signing early can’t transfer for this reason and be immediately eligible. If it’s something you’re worried about then wait for the second signing day. Kids signing on the second day can leave and be eligible immediately if a HC/coordinator leaves...... something like that. It probably won’t happen.

Would also be nice if there was some window prior to the second signing day where all staff changes (barring unusual circumstances) had to be addressed. That won’t happen either.

That would be much more acceptable but I really think the NCAA needs to start taking a very hard line approach to this stuff or its going to get out of hand. Transfer to another school and you have to sit out a year. Period. Might make a kid put a little more thought into where they are going to school than "who is going to be my coordinator", whose likelihood of being at that school for the duration of that kid's career is probably 25% or lower anyway.