• The KillerFrogs

20 years ago today... who was at the UNLV game

Frogenstein

I was there my seats were in what is now the student section. Electric atmosphere, those Tubbs era crowds were much louder than today’s crowd. Probably because TCU fans didn’t have much else to cheer about.

MTfrog5

I was there my seats were in what is now the student section. Electric atmosphere, those Tubbs era crowds were much louder than today’s crowd. Probably because TCU fans didn’t have much else to cheer about.
Rick Majerus said DMC was the loudest arena he ever coached in

SuperTFrog

So Spursy. All cabinet and no silverware!

Obviously I’m a Chelsea supporter, but I think Kane and Christensen are absolutely top notch. Y’all have had our number this year for sure.
I have been watching EPL for about 5 years and finally picked a team this year so I am not a die hard Spurs fan. If you missed the finish of our game last weekend you need to check it out. Not many “walk off” goals in soccer, but scoring 2:50 into a 3:00 stoppage time is about as close as it gets.

BABYFACE

DMC was real loud under Killingsworth and Tubbs. More students went to the games back then and tickets were cheap.

Easier to get a place full of rowdies back then when TCU was winning with low cost to attend. Just like what happened at ACS, when you cater to the well-heeled, you lose a bit pertaining to loud pationate fans. It is the evolution of major college athletics to find more ways to generate revenue.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
We were like 15-5 and ranked top 20 and considered an NCAA lock. Everything tanked at that moment and the Tubbs program never recovered thanks to help from Hyman.

BABYFACE

We were like 15-5 and ranked top 20 and considered an NCAA lock. Everything tanked at that moment and the Tubbs program never recovered thanks to help from Hyman.
Yep. Hyman wanted him gone because Tubbs didn’t kiss big booster butt. Billy didn’t play that game.

Boomhauer

Was there. It was my freshman year and I was getting excited about the prospect of watching us play in the NCAA tourney. Little did I know that the students who would actually get to see TCU play in the tourney weren’t even born yet.

Same Ole Wiley

I have been watching EPL for about 5 years and finally picked a team this year so I am not a die hard Spurs fan. If you missed the finish of our game last weekend you need to check it out. Not many “walk off” goals in soccer, but scoring 2:50 into a 3:00 stoppage time is about as close as it gets.

Its time to become die hard, Super. COYS

I was there. I was sitting next to two guys from Tulsa who had driven all they way down to see him play and he got tossed, what, in the first two minutes?

Sucked.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Didn't make that game, but did make the New Mexico game later on in February. New Mexico was a big favorite, lock for the NCAA, etc. Frogs won impressively.

Ticket stub made the Shrine of Impressive Victories...