• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

the usc situation with kingsbury is not the norm and should not be compared with a player wanting to transfer if their position coach or co-ordinator leaves after a year or two

no way usc did not play up kingsbury rep, his offenses, the relationship with mahomes, kingsbury getting nfl interest etc.....and then the guy leaves shortly after signing day.

it might not be usc's fault, but if that is primary reason the kid chose usc and the guy isn't there a month i have no issue in him asking to be released.

I don't necessarily disagree in a more usual situation but I recalled this article on 247 and went back to check and make sure he said what I remembered. While other situations might be different, I don't think he could truthfully say that he was blindsided by what happened with Kliff considering this was just from a couple of weeks ago:

"The Trojans have long been regarded as the frontrunner (and eventual) winner for McCoy's services, though Texas fans have been buoyed by USC coach Clay Helton's status and the rumors that new offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury could quickly jump to the NFL. McCoy addressed those topics this week with 247Sports."

"Coaching changes suck," he said. "But it is what it is. As soon as people understand that this is a business through and through, the easier it will become to make these adjustments. If I’m the best player, I’m going to be on the field and the ball is still going to be in the air. A coaching change would be unfortunate if it were to happen, but it’s not going to completely influence my decision."

https://247sports.com/Article/Bru-McCoy-commitment-USC-or-Texas-All-American-Bowl-127333499/

MTfrog5

I don't necessarily disagree in a more usual situation but I recalled this article on 247 and went back to check and make sure he said what I remembered. While other situations might be different, I don't think he could truthfully say that he was blindsided by what happened with Kliff considering this was just from a couple of weeks ago:

"The Trojans have long been regarded as the frontrunner (and eventual) winner for McCoy's services, though Texas fans have been buoyed by USC coach Clay Helton's status and the rumors that new offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury could quickly jump to the NFL. McCoy addressed those topics this week with 247Sports."

"Coaching changes suck," he said. "But it is what it is. As soon as people understand that this is a business through and through, the easier it will become to make these adjustments. If I’m the best player, I’m going to be on the field and the ball is still going to be in the air. A coaching change would be unfortunate if it were to happen, but it’s not going to completely influence my decision."

https://247sports.com/Article/Bru-McCoy-commitment-USC-or-Texas-All-American-Bowl-127333499/
Guess the NCAA will just send him the second paragraph for his response to the appeal

Punter1

years ago knew a guy who had been a head coach at a port arthur high school back in the late 60's early 70's. one year he has a defensive end who was being recruited by arkansas and this was going to be the first plane ride of the kid's life.

friday after school hc drives the de to the beaumont airport and drops him off out front. later that night a coach from the arkansas staff calls wanting to know what happened with the de. hc says he has no idea and that he saw the de go into the airport.

monday at school he waits outside the de's first period class and here comes the kid in a brand new suit. hc asks the kid what happened and he tells him it is the damnest thing. he gets in the beaumont airport and a guy is waiting inside with a sign with his name, greets the kid, takes him to a gate, hands the attendent two tickets, and they board the plane.

plane lands in oxford, mississippi where a car is waiting for them and takes them to a hotel. guy checks the kid in and only when he gets to the room does the kid work up the courage to tell the guy he is in the wrong place and kid feels terrible because everyone has been so nice to him.

guy so no problem and he might as well stay the weekend because they are having a big dinner so the kid should go ahead and put on the suit he brought with him. kid is poor and tells the guy he only brought jeans and a couple of shirts. guy so no problem, takes him downstairs to the car, gives the driver some money and tells him to take him to a certain store in downtown oxford and to make sure the kid has some pocket money to keep the change.

de never would say how much pocket change was leftover and the hc never found out who the guy was at the airport, but it does make for a good story that wouldn't happen this way today.

My dad, who signed with OU outta HS, in the mid 60's tells a similar story of a recruiting trip to Ole Miss.

At the end if the trip he walked into the head coaches office for their 1 on 1 time meeting and there was stacks of $100 dollar bills 3 feet high behind his desk...all of which he was supposed to give out to whoever committed that day. Dirty times.

Ron Swanson

My dad, who signed with OU outta HS, in the mid 60's tells a similar story of a recruiting trip to Ole Miss.

At the end if the trip he walked into the head coaches office for their 1 on 1 time meeting and there was stacks of $100 dollar bills 3 feet high behind his desk...all of which he was supposed to give out to whoever committed that day. Dirty times.
Pretty sure the 2019 Ole Miss recruits are telling the same stories

TAINTed frog

You all are looking in the wrong direction.

Keep an eye on the next visitor to the Barlow’s.

Peace out.
giphy.gif

Bob Sugar

Source close to Barlow’s family says anyone believing Barlow’s family visits are not being taken serious by Barlow’s family doesn’t know what the hell is going on in the recruitment of Darwin Barlow. Darwin is not taking these trips to Southern California and Tallahassee so his family can get a free vacation. It’s insulting to the family. There are major concerns with TCU inside the Barlow’s family. Darwin will not be taking an OV to TCU this weekend. Write that down.

You all are looking in the wrong direction.

Keep an eye on the next visitor to the Barlow’s.

Peace out.
PolishedDeadCollie-size_restricted.gif