• The KillerFrogs

LJ impressing at the Senior Bowl....

Eight

lance zeirlein who writes for nfl.com and is at the senior bowl had a mention of lj doing good things during today's workout and lance nor the show he was on is exactly frog friendly

LawFrog504

Good to see him getting reps both inside and outside. He has always had incredible raw power and strength and his quick twitch ability seen here makes him really tough to handle

Limp Lizard

Shows what we do all the time with 3* players. Only problem is it takes time to bring them up to this level. Need more of those 4*/5* DL types...four productive years instead of one or two. Plus a higher ceiling. If he can stay healthy, how good will Blacklock be?

MTfrog5

Shows what we do all the time with 3* players. Only problem is it takes time to bring them up to this level. Need more of those 4*/5* DL types...four productive years instead of one or two. Plus a higher ceiling. If he can stay healthy, how good will Blacklock be?
I honestly think Blacklock has the chance to be a pro bowler at the next level. With his size and athleticism the sky is the limit. Just has to stay healthy like you said

Wexahu

Four productive years is almost unheard of these days, guys will turn pro early. LJ had a really nice career here, especially relative to his perceived potential coming out of HS. It’s time Sharp starts getting some credit too, he’s done a heck of a job developing d-lineman.

Froggish

What more consistency did he need? He started out as a small school recruit, each year got better, and worked his way to one of the best DL’s out there.
I think it was well known that much like many young players, he didn’t always give the effort early in his career that GP wanted. His lack of stamina was often pointed out by GP. That changed as he matured. He really didn’t emerge as a consistent threat on the edge until the very end of last year. Even this year in my opinion, he disappeared a little more then he should have for his talent level and size.

Eight

Small school recruit?

guess referring to lj who played at munday which i believe is 1a.

number of collier's have played there, few got scholarships, but i don't think any have made the nfl.

if you want an interesting look back i suggest a quick glance over lj's recruiting class in 2014.

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Season/2014-Football/Commits/

lj and ty summers could be the 3rd and 4th players from the class to get a shot with an nfl team and no player rated in the top 10 of the class would be among that 4.

2 quarterbacks among the group won a bowl game for tcu. any guesses?