• The KillerFrogs

OT - Who is calling the Pat v Chief game with Nance?

Wexahu

I hear ya. I wish we knew.

It goes back to what GP has said in the past. If you put it in the hands of the officials you're asking for trouble. Leave no doubt and it won't matter. The Saints had many opportunities to leave no doubt.

Similarly, I would guess that on literally every play, by the letter of the law, there is holding somewhere on the football field. As in someone gets their jersey grabbed, which is by definition holding. In fact, i would guess that the first thing many offensive lineman do is try and grab the d-lineman's jersey, so that's "holding". What's next after PI, replay reviews of those calls too?

AroundWorldFrog

I was about to say something similar. Every time I watch a game he's calling it's like watching the Coaches' Round Table CFP games with CGP. He's reading the defense and audibleizing what the QB is seeing as he's seeing it. You're basically in a QB's head watching the pre-snap decision making and 9 times out of 10 what Romo is calling out actually happens. He sees the coverages and the match-ups and sees the kill sign from the QB and tells you what's about to happen and then it happens.

He sounds goofier than darn doing it, but I love it nevertheless. It's impressive to me.
Amazing he didn't win about 20 SBs. Oh, forgot, he choked in real life.

Not a TR fan on any level.

Limp Lizard

Similarly, I would guess that on literally every play, by the letter of the law, there is holding somewhere on the football field. As in someone gets their jersey grabbed, which is by definition holding. In fact, i would guess that the first thing many offensive lineman do is try and grab the d-lineman's jersey, so that's "holding". What's next after PI, replay reviews of those calls too?
Holding is the call that mystifies me. Need to have a seminar with Zebra Frog, I guess. I generally agree with PI calls, though. Sometimes the official misses it or is way too picky. Calling too many ticky-tacky calls was what I remember most about the CUSA crews. I still have problems with how some TCU games are called (especially in a loss, like Baylor in 2014), but I don't remember so many games that could never get into a rhythm like in CUSA.

Bruce Berry

The NFL is tight. The best of the best having it! And both games went to OT with a walk off FG and TD. A lot more exciting that the CFP this year. Frogs all day over NFL, but tough to argue it’s not exciting to watch.

They are going to spend the next two weeks talking about the worst call in playoff history.. At least it gets them off anthem protests, domestic violence, deflate gate, commissioners compensation, etc.

Last edited: