• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s newest QB Alex Delton: ‘My best football is ahead of me’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s newest QB Alex Delton: ‘My best football is ahead of me’

By Drew Davison

He might not be a household name like Jalen Hurts or Kelly Bryant. But Alex Delton is bringing everything TCU wants in a grad transfer quarterback.

He’s got experience. He’s got leadership abilities. And he’s got a competitive fire to prove people wrong.

“I feel like my best football is in front of me,” Delton said during a phone interview Wednesday night. “I haven’t touched the surface, battling injuries and things not going my way. But I feel equipped. I feel healthy. My mind is clear."

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article224665815.html#storylink=cpy

This is the best article Drew Davison has done. He didn't just repost what was on Twitter (a little) he picked up the phone and had an interview. This is a big leap for him and FWST, HUGE. And what came of it was a pretty amazing article, something I would pick up and read and maybe pay for if he keeps this up.

I recognize you Drew! Big props!

SnoSki

I think it was a smart move to get delton. He brings experience, work ethic and likely won’t be a distraction in any way. Maybe he starts a game or two or maybe he just provides quality backup that’s at least better than our bowl options. (No disrespect intended to GM).

Hell Sent Frog

I think it was a smart move to get delton. He brings experience, work ethic and likely won’t be a distraction in any way. Maybe he starts a game or two or maybe he just provides quality backup that’s at least better than our bowl options. (No disrespect intended to GM).

Alex is the projected starting QB for next season.
Of course, that doesn't mean that one of the younger QBs won't take advantage of an opportunity and take the job away from him as the season goes on.

Last edited:

Chongo94

In terms of passing stats, Delton and Collins are almost identical I believe, although it took Collins only one season to get those stats compared to Delton’s two due to injuries or not starting or whatever.

For anyone to pencil either of them or JR or Duggan as the starter is just throwing stuff at the wall at the moment.

Last edited:

Hell Sent Frog

In terms of passing stats, Delton and Collins are almost identical I believe, although it took Collins only one season to get those stats compared to Delton’s two due to injuries or not starting or whatever.

For anyone to pencil either of them or JR or Duggan as the starter is just throwing stuff at the wall at the moment.

Delton and Duggan will be taking the majority of the snaps in Spring practice. Delton is a graduate transfer who it was thought could play right away and Duggan is an early-enrolled true freshman who is certainly a candidate to be redshirted.

The other two guys, a junior and a redshirt freshman, are both injured, can't fully practice in the off-season and are much less experienced than Alex.

Things could always change in Fall camp, but Delton projects as the one who will be the most ready and get the first chance as the season begins.

Last edited:

Strat Frog

Without Delton, we basically had an unproven freshman as our only option. Alex gives us depth and leadership. This sounds good, as we could have ended the week otherwise without any transfers. Kudos to our coaches for working this out. Go Frogs!