• The KillerFrogs

Talk about Class A jerks

Zubaz

Eh, it's not really a comparable situation. Kendall wants to play immediately as a grad transfer, OU's recent transfers both had to sit a year.

That said, this is another one of those "Either you're concerned about the student-athletes or your concerned about the on-field product. It can't be both" deals from the NCAA / Big 12.

Purp

Especially [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty when they got Hurts. Hope this comes back to bite them
I keep seeing this in various threads and on various forums. I thought Hurts had yet to commit anywhere. Can't believe I'd have missed it if he'd transferred to OU already.

ETA: Nevermind. Literally as soon as I clicked out of this thread after posting this I saw the news.

netty2424

Pretty sorry Lincoln Riley. Pretty sorry!!

ThreadbareUnlawfulAvocet-size_restricted.gif

BABYFACE

I see it two ways. A player that is a grad transfer is eligible immediately. Transfers within conference are two years lost eligibility while sitting out a season. I get that because you don’t want fellow conference schools targeting players within their conference. Makes sense. But, I had no idea that a school could block a grad transfer. I am not sure if that is a good or a bad thing.

I am for rules that deter transferring within conference, but the optics for OU don’t look good blocking Kendall after welcoming Hurts transfer into OU.

Why would any highly recruited HS QB sign with OU after the three straight QB transfers into the OU program? One means nothing, two might be coincidence, but three indicates a pattern.

BABYFACE

And Baker should have had to have two years taken away. Big 12 basically made a rule for him
Since he wasn’t on schollie at Tech, I can see him not losing two years of eligibility, but he should have lost one for the in conference transfer, especially since he played in games for Tech. OU is being hypocritical.

MTfrog5

Since he wasn’t on schollie at Tech, I can see him not losing two years of eligibility, but he should have lost one for the in conference transfer, especially since he played in games for Tech. OU is being hypocritical.
I guess OU doesn't look at it since they "had no idea Baker was even at OU" even though that's not true at all.

Zubaz

He did lose one. He played in 2013 as a true freshman, redshirted / lost a year in 2014 in the transfer, then played 2015-2017.

The Big 12 made the ruling because he had NCAA eligibility left. If they said he was done, he would have transferred somewhere else. That didn't really make any sense, especially given the walk-on deal as you said.

Agree on the optics of the Hurts / Kendall deal, I just don't think it's really comparable to the Mayfield deal, and certainly not the Murray thing.

One Frog Nation

I see it two ways. A player that is a grad transfer is eligible immediately. Transfers within conference are two years lost eligibility while sitting out a season. I get that because you don’t want fellow conference schools targeting players within their conference. Makes sense. But, I had no idea that a school could block a grad transfer. I am not sure if that is a good or a bad thing.

I am for rules that deter transferring within conference, but the optics for OU don’t look good blocking Kendall after welcoming Hurts transfer into OU.

Why would any highly recruited HS QB sign with OU after the three straight QB transfers into the OU program? One means nothing, two might be coincidence, but three indicates a pattern.
I agree. I just don't see why any QB would go there with this making 3 in row transferring in to start. On the other hand, why would Fields go to Georgia with Fromm already there and very successful. They always think they will beat out the other guy.

Latest posts