• The KillerFrogs

FWST: If Alabama’s Jalen Hurts decides to transfer ... TCU could be “perfect landing spot”

Chongo94

I think, and I’m probably gonna get raked over the coals for this, but some should consider how Hurts looked with the quality of players and o-line at Bama and compare that with the quality of players and o-line we have here.
Edit: Purp said it better.

As Country and Purp have alluded too, I’m not quite sure he is as amazing as some on here seem to believe or are hoping to believe.

Purp

Simply envision the idea of not turning the ball over and keeping our top ranked defense off the field is all I'm saying.
I've never thought this is all you're saying. If I did I'd have never commented about it. You're chasing rabbits down the best case scenario hole to TCU in the CFP with a program altering moment. When I simply envision us not turning the ball over and keeping our defense off the field I don't always conclude the vision with us in the CFP.

I think, and I’m probably gonna get raked over the coals for this, but some should consider how Hurts looked with the quality of players and o-line at Bama and compare that with the quality of players and o-line we have here.
Edit: Purp said it better.

As Country and Purp have alluded too, I’m not quite sure he is as amazing as some on here seem to believe or are hoping to believe.
If someone is expecting him to make our offense suddenly look like OU, then no, I don't think that is a realistic expectation. But, considering what we do have coming back next year except with the uncertainty of JR's health and the adjustment that Duggan will have to make from playing HS football in Iowa to the P5 level, having a tested, seasoned, reliable, healthy QB who is a full grown man sounds pretty good to me right now. If he comes here and one of the others is healthy/good enough to win the job, then my expectations for next season will be elevated even more.

dkfrog

You guys remember how hard of a time Kenny Hill got around here? Well, strap in if Hurts transfers here bc Hill was a better player. Nothing against his accomplishments or talents, and not to say I wouldn’t welcome Hurts given our QB depth, but ppl were brutal to KH and he got us to the Big12 Championship.

CountryFrog

You guys remember how hard of a time Kenny Hill got around here? Well, strap in if Hurts transfers here bc Hill was a better player. Nothing against his accomplishments or talents, and not to say I wouldn’t welcome Hurts given our QB depth, but ppl were brutal to KH and he got us to the Big12 Championship.
I agree with the overall sentiment of what you're saying but I'm not sure if Hill was better than Hurts is. They're totally different types of players coming from totally different situations so it's really hard to compare.

I hope we get to find out. Hurts' experience alone would be a huge asset for this team at that position.

SnoSki

Some bagged on KH I think because of his arrest history (at least in part). They saw a guy who resembled Manziel in behavior, at the time. Aka a guy who was a lot easier to write off at the flick of a wrist.

Chongo94

If someone is expecting him to make our offense suddenly look like OU, then no, I don't think that is a realistic expectation. But, considering what we do have coming back next year except with the uncertainty of JR's health and the adjustment that Duggan will have to make from playing HS football in Iowa to the P5 level, having a tested, seasoned, reliable, healthy QB who is a full grown man sounds pretty good to me right now. If he comes here and one of the others is healthy/good enough to win the job, then my expectations for next season will be elevated even more.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t come here nor is it a bad thing to add a seasoned, reliable, and healthy qb as you said, far from it....although I do find it unlikely to happen. I just think some need to perhaps temper their expectations a little bit if he indeed does transfer to TCU.

asleep003

A 2018 10-3 or 9-4 season might have been more attractive to him. Seems like if he were transferring, he would have already come. Coming in Summer serves neither party well !

FrogLifeYo

If I’m honest....The only reservations I would have in regard to Hurts ability to be successful here at TCU, are related to Cumbies ability script the offense around his skill set. Cumbies play call has not always put QBs in the best position to be successful.

In addition, my guess is Hurts wants to go somewhere that is going to grow his skill set and make him appealing to the NFL...Are we that kind of offense?

Moose Stuff

If I’m honest....The only reservations I would have in regard to Hurts ability to be successful here at TCU, are related to Cumbies ability script the offense around his skill set. Cumbies play call has not always put QBs in the best position to be successful.

In addition, my guess is Hurts wants to go somewhere that is going to grow his skill set and make him appealing to the NFL...Are we that kind of offense?

When we have the right QB we are. Fire up a highlight video of Boykin or Hill at their best and show it to JH. Won’t take long for him to realize what’s possible. Especially considering that he’ll be surrounded by essentially 5 returning OL starters, two of the better RB in the conference, and perhaps the best playmaking WR in the conference. He could be a star here.

TAINTed frog

I hope we get Hurts because I think he's better *right now* than any of the QBs on the roster. And, if he isn't, the stronger the competition the better the starter should be.

Collins certainly is not the answer at this point. Rogers definitely has potential but is battling a bum foot. Duggan will be a true freshman and perhaps he's the second coming of Spicolli from Clemson, but I doubt it.

Again, I hope Hurts gets here if only just for depth purposes and the ability to push guys in practice.