• The KillerFrogs

Potential transfer QB targets

Tumbleweed

That's a great way to describe the way I kind of feel about a lot of these young gun types.......they have a vision but aren't really sure what to do when the other guys punch back and dissect what you're trying to do, so the counter-punch isn't very effective.

When that happens there's panic and confusion fills the coach's box. You take longer to read your charts, pull one down from god knows where, run a triple reverse pass* on a post route. Anything to buy you some time to gather your thoughts. The boys line up and look-look and look to the side line for a play. All of this in less than 40 sec. Good post Wex and sounds familiar.

*example

asleep003

iQUOTE="Eight, post: 2679218, member: 73370"]burns has multiple years as oc at cincinnati, smu, and his time as co-oc with Anderson.[/QUOTE]

FrogLifeYo does have a point … though there is experience there … but all that experience has translated from OC status at 3 schools down to position coaching and Anderson has failed not only at Co-OC here but also at a position coaching assignment too.

So what experience do we have at OC vs what OC experience we want. Cumbie could use help, internally … no.

Eight

I want HCGP to be involved enough in the offensive strategy and play calling that he doesn’t refer to the offense as THEY in the post game pressers.

he already runs the defense and involved in special teams decisions so you think he doesn't have enough to focus on during the game?

there is no head coach who is truly involved in all decisions of their team.

FrogLifeYo

Tyree Jackson declares for the NFL draft

Jackson seemed like a long shot. So this coming fall we’ll have 3 QBs on scholarship and only one (Duggan) with redshirt ability. I don’t see the point of having a Grad transfer unless he’s a really good starter candidate or you really hope to RS Duggan

Salfrog

Tier 1
Jackson seemed like a long shot. So this coming fall we’ll have 3 QBs on scholarship and only one (Duggan) with redshirt ability. I don’t see the point of having a Grad transfer unless he’s a really good starter candidate or you really hope to RS Duggan

I may be wrong, but I believe JR could get a medical redshirt IF he doesn't play next year.

y2kFrog

Well, we did have to play 4 QB’s this year, even if was only 3 plays.