• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
Birdbox was way overrated. They waited way too long to kill off John Malkovich and the ending was like a big [ Finebaum ] in the punch bowl.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Wife wanted to watch The Mummy Returns last night, and I can report the movie is still one of the single worst examples of CGI in the history of film.

Ron Swanson

Agree. Bailed on it two seasons ago. Should have shut it down when it was on top.
I enjoyed the first 3 or so seasons, can’t remember exactly, but after a while it just got silly. It was like they ran out of good storylines, so they just kept trying to get the characters into more and more ridiculous shenanigans and that was the whole show.

SwissArmyFrog

this looks like a mash up of ricky bobby and step brothers in england and all improv

Improv...reminds me of when I tried to watch The Karate Kid 3 and thought, "This sounds like they're improving about 50% of the dialog..." Don't recall if I made it through to the end of the movie, it was so bad.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I enjoyed it. Mrs Pharm did not. That said....her preference in this genre would be for series like The Tudor's or camp stuff like Reign.
Shed probably enjoy the 2 Starz series I stumbled across, liked both enough to buy the DVDs—The White Queen and The White Princess.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Counterpart on Starz. It’s really good and J.K. Simmons is amazing in it.

Concur.
Although I’ll completely admit that even tho I haven’t missed an episode I am 80% lost now but keep watching.
And side note: I watch with closed captioning on due to hearing loss & the accents throw me sometimes. Because of the captions I keep noticing that the other side characters are labeled as Prime.
Weird. But good,

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
HBO is showing The Sopranos series again - one season a day. I've watched a few episodes. So well done. It started 20 years ago. Dang.
Previously mentioned, The Tudors (Showtime) was excellent.

Chongo94

Concur.
Although I’ll completely admit that even tho I haven’t missed an episode I am 80% lost now but keep watching.
And side note: I watch with closed captioning on due to hearing loss & the accents throw me sometimes. Because of the captions I keep noticing that the other side characters are labeled as Prime.
Weird. But good,

Agreed, It’s easy to get lost. I started using the buildings as a guide as they’d always show the different buildings of the other first when they were back there so that helped. This season seems a bit easier to keep everyone apart, but harder for me to determine why a person is doing whatever it is they are doing.

‘Course, that’s what also makes it kinda cool, all the different plots and twists and machinations of prime people and their others at the same time.