• The KillerFrogs

Wow. 20 Years Ago Today...

Frogenstein

Great memory. I had a flight back to DFW about 2 hours after the game ended. The plane was full of Frogs plus 2 USC players and a grad assistant going home for their winter break. As luck would have it I sat next to the GA. He played at USC (on the OL I think) and was from Seguin. Super nice guy that went to high school with a good friend’s younger brother. He was pretty good about being surrounded by all the exuberant Frog fans.
Also, during boarding one of the TCU radio crew guys walked down the aisle with a case of Coors Light, he brought on board as a carry on, handing out beers to all that wanted one. Different time.

Froglaw

I was there with dad, Purple Preacher, and my TCU golf buddy.

Purple Preacher left in the third quarter. He was too scared that the Frogs would blow it so he chose to listen on the radio while driving back to Snyder.

We never have let old Purple live it down.

He says the Frogs won because he left and takes credit for the win.

Froginbedford

Friends lived in El Paso that year and after the game made sure I knew that the local media hyped the Frogs before the game because USC players, etc., had uttered some disinterest in playing there, encouraging locals to wear purple to the game....They said they witnessed a waitress at dinner the night before ask TCU customers how they liked El Paso, and was there anything EP could do to make them feel more welcome....I've kicked myself ever since for not imposing on their hospitality, at least for the night before the game....